Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Potential Thanksgiving Event

strongwxnc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks, I think that we need to see how low the dews are with this current CAO and how much of that dry air is left behind before the storm arrives. Right now the track and timing is in question. I still believe that freezing rain will not be the predominant p-type in November with a miller A storm. My guess is a mix changing to rain..... possibly ending as some snow. I have seen the HPC freezing rain percentages and it would be quite abnormal if that were to occur. However, stranger things have happened. With all that being said, I would love to see a colder outcome than the GFS is showing. 0z runs should give us a better idea of whether the Euro is out to lunch or not.

Gotta love AccuWx's typical interpretation of any potential storm:  the I-95 cities of the NE are the ones most likely to be affected!

Basically if there's one model out there that shows it threatening the NE cities, that's the one their maps will emulate.  Even if it's the JMA.  :lmao:

As always great disco by the SE crew. Everything has been covered well. Only thing I would ad which is imho.The typical CAD areas in wnc, may get a little snotty with a early onset. GSP has a eyebrow raised about this in the already posted AFD. The deform band the GFS has been showing will be critical for the Mnt areas of WNC, E TN, & extreme SW VA getting a clip of laying snow on the back side. Again as has been posted......if only it was 6 weeks from now. Good early start for the board to hone the forecasting skills. Keep up the good work crew!

Figures the GFS would now start trending to the Euro. It seems it really doesn't matter what model it is, the GFS and Euro have both been wrong and right at times. It if they are showing different things when it comes to sow around here, the one that is right is usually the one that shows less or no snow. Doesn't matter which one it is, that is the one that ends up getting it right.

Archived