Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Potential Thanksgiving Event

strongwxnc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At what hour? The moisture only extends to the -7C layer at hour 96. That's probably only drizzle, freezing drizzle at best(still around 36 at the sfc though)

I was looking to the west at my area in Lexington.  It's barely.. and yes the surface air is enough to cause nothing to stick etc.  The line was cutting through the middle of Lexington County.. and I'm on the northern end.  Probably a bad idea to say "KCAE".  Just used to it being so close.

yeah rdu that looked quite similar to the 12z UKMet, but maybe slightly less phased 

As others have mentioned, I believe that's a good middle of the road forecast at this time.  Somewhere between the over phased bomb of the euro and a little more phasing than the 12z gfs.

Figured I would show this since it just updated on our weather computers. The deform band with the upper level energy hanging back sure does wonders for upstate SC and the rest of NC. I also enjoy the bulls-eye just northwest of Jackson, MS because that's where it gets going early Wednesday morning... Also, the sounding I showed just southeast of Montgomery shows there's the possibility of some frozen precip between the bulls-eye and north Georgia during the afternoon. Should be fantastic to watch unfold over the next few days. :D

post-1807-0-28630000-1385268275_thumb.pn

Tuesday, Nov. 26

Few tornadoes in the FL panhandle, extreme south GA, south SC, (and possibly coastal MS and AL in the morning).  TOR:CON - 4 FL panhandle; 3 rest of area.

Wednesday, Nov. 27

The surface low moves across southern SC and its cold front pushes through FL by mid-afternoon.  Isolated damaging gusts and a chance of a tornado from morning through mid-afternoon in the FL peninsula, coastal GA, coastal SC.  TOR:CON - 3

Tuesday, Nov. 26

Few tornadoes in the FL panhandle, extreme south GA, south SC, (and possibly coastal MS and AL in the morning).  TOR:CON - 4 FL panhandle; 3 rest of area.

Wednesday, Nov. 27

The surface low moves across southern SC and its cold front pushes through FL by mid-afternoon.  Isolated damaging gusts and a chance of a tornado from morning through mid-afternoon in the FL peninsula, coastal GA, coastal SC.  TOR:CON - 3

I was thinking on another forum that the severe potential definitely existed based on low track.

Still time to get that ull to cross below Columbus.  Please work on that Cman! :)  Whatever the case I'm still looking at good rains so its a win/win.

If that happened, there would be a total board meltdown due to the "too far south" deal.  I'd love it for CAE though for sure... just unlikely.

May I add.. the 18z GEFS ensembles/plumes showed over 1 inch of sleet here (on the high end).  Never experienced that amount of sleet or anything close to what you've spoken of.

If that happened, there would be a total board meltdown due to the "too far south" deal.  I'd love it for CAE though for sure... just unlikely.

May I add.. the 18z GEFS ensembles/plumes showed over 1 inch of sleet here (on the high end).  Never experienced that amount of sleet or anything close to what you've spoken of.

Lol, your life holds great experiences for you.  You love weather and it will reward your over and over, until you are about done, like Burns.  My hopes spring a new this time, every year,  because it's a crap shoot, no matter what the signs are, and the impossible has happened to me over and over :)  Hell, I saw Larry predict snow for Savannah, and it happened :)  T

NWS Greenville...A screaming S/southeast flow may provide a sufficient cooling mechanism to keep freezing temperatures locked in a bit

longer than in other locations. Therefore...while most locations should see under .10 inch of ice...I would not be surprised to see some amounts nearing warning criteria cross the eastern Blue Ridge areas. 

Feb. 26, 2013 repeat?

Need the NAM/EURO to start showing the cold air not leaving so quickly...and for the precip to start sooner on the GFS. Any trends in our favor could easily lead to a full fledge ice storm along the blue ridge Tuesday morning. This will likely be of low confidence until the last day.

hr54 nam

524688_541975112562154_1567001461_n.jpg

Archived