• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Major Severe Weather Outbreak November 17

Does anyone have a live TV coverage station in the affected area(s)?  I'm finding very lame coverage from Peoria and Springfield stations.

Good luck finding such.  Most TV stations in that part of IL aren't the most technologically advanced or interactive with the web.  You might have to check the Chicago TV stations (WLS-TV, WBBM-TV, WMAQ-TV, WFLD, or WGN-TV) for updates.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have a live TV coverage station in the affected area(s)? I'm finding very lame coverage from Peoria and Springfield stations.

Good luck finding such. Most TV stations in that part of IL aren't the most technologically advanced or interactive with the web. You might have to check the Chicago TV stations (WLS-TV, WBBM-TV, WMAQ-TV, WFLD, or WGN-TV) for updates.

wcia has live streaming out if champaign

SEVERE WEATHER STATEMENT  

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL  

1154 AM CST SUN NOV 17 2013  

ILC063-099-105-171815-  

/O.CON.KLOT.TO.W.0016.000000T0000Z-131117T1815Z/  

LA SALLE IL-LIVINGSTON IL-GRUNDY IL-  

1154 AM CST SUN NOV 17 2013  

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR SOUTHERN GRUNDY...NORTH  

CENTRAL LIVINGSTON AND EAST CENTRAL LA SALLE COUNTIES UNTIL 1215 PM  

CST...  

AT 1152 AM CST...A CONFIRMED LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO  

WAS LOCATED 6 MILES SOUTHEAST OF STREATOR...AND MOVING NORTHEAST AT  

55 MPH. RADAR INDICATED THAT THE INITIAL TORNADO MAY BE WEAKENING  

WHILE A NEW TORNADO WAS DEVELOPING JUST TO THE SOUTH OF THE FIRST  

ONE.  

THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION.  

If there's any good news, while its idiotic the Bears game is getting underway as scheduled, the storms moving into the metro are much less organized than to the south. Will have to the watch the lead supercell that's been so active that could move into the far southern parts of CHI metro.

If I were in the Chicago metro area I would be paying extremely close attention to how this line of supercells continues to unfold over the next half hour or so.  The Chi metro area is right in an environment where instability and shear are nearly maximized...although we'll have to see if there are any stabilizing influences being near the Lake but the parameters in place now are about as impressive as you could see.  I mean effective bulk shear values of greater than 50-60 knots in this environment is beyond scary.  

Meanwhile farther west

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED  SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL  1207 PM CST SUN NOV 17 2013    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHICAGO HAS ISSUED A    * SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...    WESTERN DE KALB COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL ILLINOIS...    NORTHWESTERN LA SALLE COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL ILLINOIS...    LEE COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL ILLINOIS...    OGLE COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL ILLINOIS...    * UNTIL 1245 PM CST    * AT 1206 PM CST...SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WERE LOCATED ALONG A LINE    EXTENDING FROM POLO TO BUDA...AND MOVING EAST AT 65 MPH.      THESE ARE VERY DANGEROUS STORMS.      HAZARD...QUARTER SIZE HAIL AND 80 MPH WIND GUSTS.  

Archived