joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Mid November Event

BullCityWx

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sky is getting fairly dark and the cloud ceiling is lowering quickly here at work in Madison, NC. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see some returns show up on the radar over Rockingham County here pretty shortly.

You seeing anything yet?

There is more energy transfering in from the mountains and causing that to backbuild s/w. But rather impressive band on Blacksburg Radar. But its gotten cold under the cloud deck 48 and dropping

Nope, nothing yet. It sure looks like it though. It's 48 now but the temperature is dropping like a rock. It was 56 an hour ago.

You can really see the backbuilding on the Blacksburg composite radar now. 

http://radar.weather.gov/radar_lite.php?rid=fcx&product=NCR&loop=yes

Another interesting note, the winds have turned Northerly at the Martinsville and Oak Ridge Weatherbug sites. Looks like this should minimize downsloping somewhat.

Losing a degree every 15 minutes now here in the triad. Started at 60 though so we will certainly be too warm at FROPA. Definitely down in the 20's by this evening though.

I just need rain at this point. I can wait until late December for some snow. But the dry is now overwhelming everything.

Yep I'm out winterizing irrigation systems now and temps have dropped a lot in past hour. We need some rain for sure

Nope, nothing yet. It sure looks like it though. It's 48 now but the temperature is dropping like a rock. It was 56 an hour ago.

You can really see the backbuilding on the Blacksburg composite radar now. 

http://radar.weather.gov/radar_lite.php?rid=fcx&product=NCR&loop=yes

Another interesting note, the winds have turned Northerly at the Martinsville and Oak Ridge Weatherbug sites. Looks like this should minimize downsloping somewhat.

I cant get over how cold its getting how quick. Down to 46 atm 48 just ten mins ago. The cloud deck looks like snow  and smells like snow and feels like snow

It really is looking dark back toward the N/W towards the Danville area.

Rain changing to snow on a moisture starved FROPA. Pretty lame. Grays to those seeing token flurries.

Good news to those north of here who may see some flurries. I made it my weather goal this fall to not be suckered in by the "snow on the backside" of the FROPA here in N. Ga. It usually never works and if it you do see anything, it's normally nothing to get excited about unless you have one massively energetic system with leftover moisture. Not getting sucked in this year. After a few boring winters, we're due here for a juicy gulf low! Can't wait!

DT reports snow in Richmond with wetbulbs above 0c. The the amount of forcing and advection in the upper levels is probably causing this. looks like the CAA is causing the air to sink and since we are still in a area of PVA we get increased vorticity coupled with cold conditions aloft. So surface temps should not be that big of a deal unless you are +5f or more.  

Archived