Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
November 2013 obs and discussion

usedtobe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always like the giganto warnings for damaging winds in excess of 60 mph

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED  SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC  1216 AM EST MON NOV 18 2013    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A    * SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...    WASHINGTON COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL MARYLAND...    NORTHEASTERN SHENANDOAH COUNTY IN NORTHWEST VIRGINIA...    NORTHERN WARREN COUNTY IN NORTHWEST VIRGINIA...    CITY OF WINCHESTER IN NORTHWEST VIRGINIA...    FREDERICK COUNTY IN NORTHWEST VIRGINIA...    CLARKE COUNTY IN NORTHWEST VIRGINIA...    MORGAN COUNTY IN THE PANHANDLE OF WEST VIRGINIA...    JEFFERSON COUNTY IN THE PANHANDLE OF WEST VIRGINIA...    EASTERN HARDY COUNTY IN EASTERN WEST VIRGINIA...    EASTERN HAMPSHIRE COUNTY IN EASTERN WEST VIRGINIA...    BERKELEY COUNTY IN THE PANHANDLE OF WEST VIRGINIA...    NORTHEASTERN ALLEGANY COUNTY IN WESTERN MARYLAND...    * UNTIL 115 AM EST  

Wow I was not paying attention to the forecast tonight and wasn't expecting that.  I heard the roof start to creak (3rd floor of a condo building) turn around to see all hell break loose outside.  Very quick moving, probably lasted 3 - 4 minutes but was a powerful bit of wind and heavy bout of rain for a moment there.  Nice little surprise.

Slept through the whole thing.  Must have been pretty anemic in Westminster because I don't see any leaves disturbed from the big pile at the end of my parking lot.

same. whatever blew through wasn't all that exciting, none of us woke up

Archived