• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Winter 13-14' Med/Long Range Discussion

Chicago Storm

Euro has a beautiful storm for the Eastern Lakes region...of course at the end of it's cycle.. lol but close to Christmas.!!! 12"+ for Detroit! (YEAH RIGHT)

It can happen I mean its happened 8 times since 1900. Don't be such a debbie downer! :lol: Every 14 years But only twice since 1929 :yikes:

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The medium to long range looks like it shows the same screw zones we just saw in the last couple weeks. If this current storm delivers with lake effect I can't complain, but cyclone will have a legitimate gripe along with much of the middle part of Wisconsin.

This is what I'm thinking.  The current late period is pretty much mirroring what happened a couple weeks ago.  In the 8-10 day period the models suggested a possible snow storm for Iowa/Wisconsin, but inside a week it trended toward a lead wave hitting the northern plains, followed by a strong cold front that sweeps across the midwest and ends up well to the south, followed by a second wave that drops a load of ice and snow from Texas to the Ohio Valley.  I do NOT want to see that scenario again.

This is what I'm thinking.  The current late period is pretty much mirroring what happened a couple weeks ago.  In the 8-10 day period the models suggested a possible snow storm for Iowa/Wisconsin, but inside a week it trended toward a lead wave hitting the northern plains, followed by a strong cold front that sweeps across the midwest and ends up well to the south, followed by a second wave that drops a load of ice and snow from Texas to the Ohio Valley.  I do NOT want to see that scenario again.

Not gonna worry to much yet.  Probably some flopping around to come in the next couple days yet

eh what? You mean it is more progressive and less colder afterward? Who knows if that is right. Far less amplified on late ranges. Big Deal.

I knew you wouldn't like that.

My interests are that no warmth makes it into the northwoods.... The euro had warmth way north, now it doesn't. That's worthy of note to me.... if you don't like it or don't care, don't respond.

Temps make it into the 40's and 50's. That is a warmup.

My interests are that no warmth makes it into the northwoods.... The euro has warmth way north, now it doesn't. That's worthy of note to me.... if you don't like it or don't care, don't respond.

Sure, for Chicago and Detroit.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Nothing personally, why don't you want a warmup? Scared the pattern is going to amplify west of you? It would like complaining in January 20th 1978 with people whether if there was going to be a "warmup"...............

Sure, for Chicago and Detroit.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW

We all use the weather for different purposes..... I'm in a spot that has over a foot of snow, if it melts and another foot falls, I'm back to where I'm at already...

So no thanks.

That's me, the great thing is that I have no control over it.

This. 

I don't think I could stomach another scenario like that.  A warmup with light rain, heavy snow well north, and then cold and dry with a system dumping snow to the south and east again.  Hopefully things pan out differently this go around.

Archived