Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Winter 13-14' Med/Long Range Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. But the Euro is so slow with the 2nd round of energy or it's a third round. I dunno.

It has periodic pieces of energy ejecting out in the SW flow... but they start to dry up as they head your way.  The better chances are down in my neck of the woods and across OK. No big storm systems, just overrunning from time to time.

it's obviously way out there but I have seen this movie before. 

f240.gif

With the surface frontal zone parked down over LA/MS? 2m/925s are quite cold. Don't let that 850 map fool ya. This pattern can be a monster. For ice storms, that is (especially if that trough doesn't come out in one piece like the models seem intent on doing). The insitu surface air mass in this case is also very dry (Dews from 0-10F).

anywhere or anyway to animate/loop those images? Love those

Not that I know of...sorry.  You may want to contact Prinsburg_wx a member at this site as this is where I got the link from, I value my limited PM messages so I don't it use very much, at any rate if you contact him/her please ask if they have GEM snowfall maps etc...and if he/she can share...I agree those maps are awesome.

to my surprise the Euro nails STL twice.

first with a ZR/Sleet event with .6-.7qpf with surface temps in the mid 20s.  Ending with 1-2 inches of snow.

Then another 3-5" of snow with teens the next day.

Euro appears to nail me with the storm around the 7th with 6"+ of snow. Maybe just maybe. :snowing:

Actually, on second look, something doesn't seem right with that snow map.  Thermals look very borderline at best.  I wonder if it counts sleet/zr as snow.

Ok I figured it out.  The run has a total of 10+ for LAF.  Friv's post had me thinking that was the total for event #1

Archived