• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2nd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

Thanks mayne, will do. I'm going to hit the road in a few hours. i will try to make a last forecast sometime before bed tonight. talk to you guys after while.

Awesome, Brandon!  Welcome back to the NW piedmont.  It appears our time draws nigh for an all-time event.  It's been so long in the snow drought here.  I suppose you'll bring some lightning and thunder with you, as well?  Just like your avatar?  I've never experienced thundersnow that I can recall, and I'd really like to record that once in this lifetime.  Robert's latest snowfall map is just epic.  Amazing!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He posted the map publicly on his personal FB page, It was 10-15 with locally higher amounts in the adjacent foothills.

What is the facebook name? I'd like to add him.

Just showed clear skies over Yancey Co. on WLOS '85.  Looks like its a high elevation thing.

Edit:  Jacob you just got a shout out on the news, woman saw a car in the ditch in Henderson Co.

Yea...was most likely me...I'm famous!

Just showed clear skies over Yancey Co. on WLOS '85.  Looks like its a high elevation thing.

Edit:  Jacob you just got a shout out on the news, woman saw a car in the ditch in Henderson Co.

It's been clear since about 2 this afternoon. Still not a cloud in the sky. We've not had a single flake from the first two systems so it's hard to get excited here for the last one. Rays weather has 3 to 6 and GSP has 5 on the low end for Northern Yancey. Looks like a run of the mill storm here but some of you guys look to get a good one. Post Pics!!

It's been clear since about 2 this afternoon. Still not a cloud in the sky. We've not had a single flake from the first two systems so it's hard to get excited here for the last one. Rays weather has 3 to 6 and GSP has 5 on the low end for Northern Yancey. Looks like a run of the mill storm here but some of you guys look to get a good one. Post Pics!!

Joe sorry you had to come back and cut your trip short. Prayers for you and your family. I think you end up pretty good. I am thinking 4-8+ on your end.

Looking at the guidance..IMO, Jackpot!

RAP/HRRR are looking good for tomorrow morning as well especially the RAP.

http://models.weatherbell.com/news/hrrr_current_se.gif

Hope to be posting regular updates on conditions on the mtn top tomorrow...expect it to start around 7 AM.

I have the feeling we're going to be talking about this one for a while. 

Just wanted to say.......guys take a deep breath! This is going to be one wild ride for the next 48 hrs or so. Things seem to be going as planned & it seems even a universal models bust, will still give us a better snow than some of us have had in over 3 years. Don't really like to use this phrase but a EPIC SNOWSTORM is on our door step. I am waiting for the latest SREF Plume then I am off to bed. God speed to all of you & see you around 4:00 am! Don

Just wanted to say.......guys take a deep breath! This is going to be one wild ride for the next 48 hrs or so. Things seem to be going as planned & it seems even universal models bust now. Is still going to give us a better snow than some of us have had in over 3 years. Don't really like to use this phrase but a EPIC SNOWSTORM is on our door step. I am waiting for the latest SREF Plume then I am off to bed. God speed to all of you & see you around 4:00 am! Don

Well said Don! Be safe mountain and foothills folk. Going to be a wild ride indeed!

Sref came in wetter for the mtns. Hope the rgem holds serve tonight.

I can confirm RGEM holds! Big snows > 10" across almost all mountain areas and even more into eastern TN. That could be too far west, but the H5 low also completely closes off right over the spine of the Apps. Could be some bigger totals than what is currently shown.

I can confirm RGEM holds! Big snows > 10" across almost all mountain areas and even more into eastern TN. That could be too far west, but the H5 low also completely closes off right over the spine of the Apps. Could be some bigger totals than what is currently shown.

I sure hope it does. This is starting to turn into 75% of March 93!

Do you have an RGEM precip map?

Archived