Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2nd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

doesn't look too bad to me, till 1.00-1.25 QPF for many, 850's supportive of snow still for mtns

Yea, it was loading slow for me, so I checked it out on a different site that's less readable than americanwx maps. The guys in the other thread also had me thinking it was warm, but the 850's look good for at least the mountains and foothills.

I'm out tonight. Have fun fellas. I leave you with this.

"Snow in the South is wonderful. It has a kind of magic and mystery that it has nowhere else. And the reason for this is that it comes to people in the South not as the grim, unyielding tenant of Winter's keep,

but as a strange and wild visitor from the secret North."

- Thomas Wolfe

I don't think temps are going to be a problem. I'm at 22.4 and dew-point is dropping. The cold air is oozing in. It's got that cold dry feel to it with no wind. You barely breathe and you can see it like a snorting bull on the plains of Saskatchewan. Very high streamers streaking across the sky signaling that something's coming. Like a Trojan on a horse, thundering toward battle....clippty clop....clippity clop.......

How's that for an ob? I hope my emergency supplies last. It's dwindling quickly. This is going to be fun guys!!

I don't think temps are going to be a problem. I'm at 22.4 and dew-point is dropping. The cold air is oozing in. It's got that cold dry feel to it with no wind. You barely breathe and you can see it like a snorting bull on the plains of Saskatchewan. Very high streamers streaking across the sky signaling that something's coming. Like a Trojan on a horse, thundering toward battle....clippty clop....clippity clop.......

How's that for and ob? I hope my emergency supplies last. It's dwindling quickly.

Best ob in board history lmao  :lmao:

How's that for an ob? I hope my emergency supplies last. It's dwindling quickly. This is going to be fun guys!!

Lol Joe! There's a storm a coming! One thing this storm is going to be fun.

We got destroyed. 15.5 inches.

What were temps like? I assume we're all snow, but if the upstate is all snow and 16 inches verifies, that would be truly remarkable.

Also, forgot to ask. Is precipitation done at hour 54? I can't remember which one, but one model had it still going at hour 60.

Any idea when the heaviest precipitation falls? Just wondering, because the RAP has Asheville approaching a half inch only 18 hours from now. I was trying to gauge if this was before or after the heaviest precip.

It look like we get nothing at 7 am and 2.5 inches at the airport by 1 pm.

Archived