Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2nd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks calm down. This system is still in its infant stages! Point is, even if it moves a little more east, the track of the 500 and 850 lows don't change much at all. The upper level energy is way back in Alabama so we have much to go through yet. Once that low comes in later, radar will explode with heavy precip. No changes to any forecast at this time. We have at least 24 hours left! Too early to be cliff jumping. Lol

Agree..comma head will take awhile to develop as the system starts to go negative tilt..mid afternoon and beyond-way to early to freak out.  After all-it is already snowing!

Folks calm down. This system is still in its infant stages! Point is, even if it moves a little more east, the track of the 500 and 850 lows don't change much at all. The upper level energy is way back in Alabama so we have much to go through yet. Once that low comes in later, radar will explode with heavy precip. No changes to any forecast at this time. We have at least 24 hours left! Too early to be cliff jumping. Lol

come on guys, chill. the radar will begin to fill in out west in a few hours and start to pivot n this afternoon. this storm hasn't even started to form yet.

Lol, sorry. I haven't track too many winter storms so I'm a rookie when it comes to nowcasting.

In the other thread, Phil said that once this low fully transitions, the moisture you see back into LA and MS will become as impressive as what we're seeing here and that it will be our money maker.

That WV loop tells the take. The moisture fetch is awesome looking coming out of the gulf and the northern sw is screaming down to say hello to the southern one, fun times on the way for you guys and those of us just to your East

If it doesn't start snowing by noon, I'm jumping. Head first with a double back flip in a pike position with a full twist. I might even throw in a triple sow cow right before I hit.

Wind has gone from breezy to ripping here in the last 15 minutes. Don't know if it means anything but Wow! Just had a gust to 37.

If it doesn't start snowing by noon, I'm jumping. Head first with a double back flip in a pike position with a full twist. I might even throw in a triple sow cow right before I hit.

Wind has gone from breezy to ripping here in the last 15 minutes. Don't know if it means anything but Wow! Just had a gust to 37.

Ya Joe wind has cranked up here as well. Also if you jump video tape it man and post it here! Joe in all seriousness I really think you cash in when this thing pull NE. The Euro has some really nice totals for yall.

Ya Joe wind has cranked up here as well. Also if you jump video tape it man and post it here! Joe in all seriousness I really think you cash in when this thing pull NE. The Euro has some really nice totals for yall.

Interesting. Winds are at a very rare dead calm up top with 1/2" new snow. 

Yeah probably, but being the last ones to see the snow sucks, especially considering we missed out on yesterday and Mondays fun up here in Boonetown. This radar is killing me even though I know in the back of my head head that it'll be fine.

I feel ya. I'm down in hendersonville and we cashed in yesterday as well as seeing it decent now. On a side note, the weather channels future cast radar shows it filling in very nicely back in AL, MS and TN over the next few hours if it means anything.

Archived