• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2nd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

One thing that has surprised me is the past hour I have been getting some decent snow despite being under almost no heavy echos

EDIT- I would love to hear Franklin's obs.. looks like he is getting pounded

yes sir for the past 30min. Picked up about 1/2inch and still pouring. We went thru a lull of very light ice crystals. We have right around 4 inches now.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reposted from another thread:

Today didn't look hot for Western NC to start of the event, but NWS GSP and WPC raised the totals anyway because the radar look really promising from Georgia/Alabama for us. NWS GSP is going with 6-12 inches (highest in last 3 days) and WPC is going with 10-12 inches.

Not only that, but Robert from wxsouth is going with a blend of GFS and Euro for a total of about a foot for most of the mountains. Hold on, I need to go catch a crow for Tracker! :P

Please do! It's so darn tasty.

I hope all systems stay go. Radar finally looking better. Wouldn't be surprised to see 1" per hour snowfall rates for a while. That should make up for things in a hurry.

Reposted from another thread:

Today didn't look hot for Western NC to start of the event, but NWS GSP and WPC raised the totals anyway because the radar look really promising from Georgia/Alabama for us. NWS GSP is going with 6-12 inches (highest in last 3 days) and WPC is going with 10-12 inches.

Yea, the delayed start in particular had people (including me) panicking early. I think it was more hype than anything. The models and NWS never dropped totals. It was just a bunch of weenies playing off of each other.

I hope all systems stay go. Radar finally looking better. Wouldn't be surprised to see 1" per hour snowfall rates for a while. That should make up for things in a hurry.

Ya radar looks really good all the way back to MS almost. This current band is ripping as others have said, I think we will be ok.

thats what we have had here for the past hour and still coming down. You still think it snows for another 12hours?

Archived