• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

Don't know what it is about Jan 25th but its statistically a snowy day. Its stick out cause its my bday! :)

never fails lol..

Happy Birthday!!  Would love snow on mine, but with an August birthday, it's not happening!

I am new on here, I post a lot on accuweather board but decided I'd sign up here because you have a thread specifically geared toward my geographic location which is the Mid HV in southern Ulster County. Right now getting light snow and two inches.

Welcome aboard!  

Nice mid-winter snowy day.  These are my favorite kind of days.  We've picked up about an inch so far.  Encouraging trend on the 12z Euro in the extended (vs the run earlier today), looks to be trying to keep the low level cold air in place more so than the 00z.  

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys!

I think I can honestly say we have legit moderate snow falling right now.

Probably will finish around 3"

Yeah man- happy birthday! Having it on a Sat with snow falling - nice. Good time to enjoy a nice scotch!

Snowing hard here by me- but looking at the radar this may be close to the back end now.

About 2 inches or so.

hope the GFS is wrong...shows a rain storm next weekend...

It's a week out and looks much like a CAD type signature event which tend to have a decent amount frozen NW of I95. Certainly the details will change anyway, trying to enjoy the snow out there now and knowing at least the next week will be cold to keep the snow around.

Ended up with roughly 2.5 here in the Poconos. Looks like southern areas of the Poconos did real well, reports of 3.0 to 4.0 down that way. Nice little clipper indeed. Will be tracking the squalls to our west for the evening, but they're really starting to fall apart as they traverse east.

Looks like some active times ahead starting next weekend. I highly doubt it's as warm as gfs currently shows at 18z. Overall, I like the period we are entering as we get a relaxation, retreat of the P.V and the Pacific want's to loosen it's grip  a bit. There is a ton of swfe's type systems been shown down the road. Those can be nice ticket items for our locations in the interior. I like the looks of this STJ coming back to life, that's for sure.

GFS in the long term is back to cold and snowy.  A lot of flip flopping over the past few days.  Looks like the system modeled for SB Sunday is delayed a bit.  A lot of talk on the forums about the 2/4-6 time period possibly holding something big and this run certainly looks that way. Until then, the cold and dry theme continues (after a brief mild up tomorrow).

You guys will like day 8 thru 10 euro OP today

Next week certainly holds a lot of potential, OP Euro is keying on early in the week, GFS more middle part of the week.  Definitely good trends today compared to yesterday.  You've certainly been leading the way touting this pattern, and haven't wavered when the models have shown a potential warm up.  We're putting our faith in you up here to deliver the goods! 

Archived