amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0z RGEM gives parts of the HV 3-4" with more as u head down into N NJ for monday..

Would be a nice bonus for some of you.  Keeping my expectations in check up here for Monday.  Wednesday looks beautiful so far, let's hope it holds.  One thing I'm not seeing mentioned much is the cold air that comes in after this storm.  Looks like we might go back to the ice box on Thursday for several more days.  

Yeah i hear ya but when you average 10" a season thats gonna happen. Thats like the coastal folks in the NY metro area expecting a 20" coastal every other week lol.. They average 25" for a reason.

They certainly are making up for their epic winter a few years ago in DC, the law of averages usually wins out.  Agree with you about the coastal folks.  Somewhere in the rules of winter it must say that there needs to be a historical storm almost every year.

GFS continues to look great for us.

Models definitely shifting north for tomorrow but these events I never trust with sharp cutoffs, I can see places south of I84 getting some accumulation out of this with perhaps even 2-4 inches up to I287. Here I still expect nothing.

Wednesday still looks good, 6-12 for most of our region except Northern NJ, Southern Westchester and perhaps Rockland which should see snow to a wintry mix, at least as of now. I think only the city itself and LI change to plain rain.

Eh, WAA is always under modeled and the fresh snow pack from both tomorrow and the front end dump will help to lock in the low level cold air. I see this as being a major ice storm for anyone between I-80 and KSWF.

No way KSWF has an ice storm dude.. The ice will be confined to areas in NNJ.. Not sure you realize how far south I-80 is from us lol..

Eh, WAA is always under modeled and the fresh snow pack from both tomorrow and the front end dump will help to lock in the low level cold air. I see this as being a major ice storm for anyone between I-80 and KSWF.

Unless the models really change, I don't see icing making it all the way to Newburgh, could there be some pingling at times, I guess, but this is primarily an all snow event north of the NJ/NY border.

Unless the models really change, I don't see icing making it all the way to Newburgh, could there be some pingling at times, I guess, but this is primarily an all snow event north of the NJ/NY border.  

I agree completely.. Maybe some pingers during the height but this should primarily be a snow event for most north of the NJ/NY border (especially from I-84 north)

Archived