12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe how far north tomorrow's storm has come. This is going to be a big hit for the city and possibly even a solid hit for the immediate burbs. I still would be very surprised if anything meaningful gets north of I84 despite some of the snow maps showing 2-3 inches up to Poughkeepsie, I know from past storms especially 1/21/2014 that these northern cutoffs tend to be sharp.

I can't believe how far north tomorrow's storm has come. This is going to be a big hit for the city and possibly even a solid hit for the immediate burbs. I still would be very surprised if anything meaningful gets north of I84 despite some of the snow maps showing 2-3 inches up to Poughkeepsie, I know from past storms especially 1/21/2014 that these northern cutoffs tend to be sharp.

Its very warm down here right now.. They are gonna waste some precip early on to white rain or rain itself.. Im in Manhattan right now and its in the 50's..

Its very warm down here right now.. They are gonna waste some precip early on to white rain or rain itself.. Im in Manhattan right now and its in the 50's..

Yea the city may start out as rain or non accumulating snow but I still think they get enough dynamic cooling and heavy enoiugh rates to get 3-6 inches or so, perhaps a bit more in southern parts of the city. 

I can see 1-2 inches making it up to Newburgh, the cutoff will be north of I84 IMO. I expect cloudy conditions or a flizzard.IMBY

ALB going with a dusting for Western Dutchess and not even a mention of snow for Ulster.  They've also mentioned possible sleet on Wednesday, which certainly is on the table.

This system for tomorrow has trended north almost every model run for 2 days now.  I don't think 1-3" is out of the question IMO.  The cutoff doesn't look anywhere near as sharp as 1/21.  

Don't get lured in lol.. We all know how the story goes ;)  I will be in the city tomorrow early, so will see how this plays out for NYC.. All eyes on Tuesday night for up here....

Agree, I never like these events being on the fringe. I think Westchester, Rockland and perhaps Southern Orange will see something worth it from this, other than that it's probably going to be flizzard city just based on past experience, but we'll see.

Agree, I never like these events being on the fringe. I think Westchester, Rockland and perhaps Southern Orange will see something worth it from this, other than that it's probably going to be flizzard city just based on past experience, but we'll see.

I don't think this will have that traditional northern cutoff we are soo used to seeing lately.. I guess we shall see

NAM gives .43 all the way to Pou, I am considering budging my stance from a flizzard to perhaps up to an inch here. Still don't like how sharp that northern cutoff looks on the NAM.

I would say warning level snowfall becoming increasing likely for NYC/LI/Northern NJ and potentially Southern Westchester and Coastal CT.

Archived