joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to say it again.... i can not believe how hard we are getting absolutely crushed here in vernon right now. heaviest snow i have ever seen. beats 93, 96, PDII, Boxing Day.

I'm over the mountain from Warwick on the Monroe side- seeing the same thing here as well. It is absolutely pounding out there - for however long this lasts, it is awesome!

So I just did the dishes and it was pouring rain and still 33 degrees about 20 minutes ago and I thought there is no way this is changing to snow.  Then the temperatures started dropping.  Now 32.3 degrees and I went outside and low and behold it is lightly snowing with a trace on the ground.    If we are getting over one inch of qpf like some models are saying then we used up about 1/2 an inch in rain.  We'll see though.  What a storm!  Loving it!

Yes sir!! Looks like we have about 2" or so new for part 2 ( eyeballing)

Sweet- I'm going outside to get some pics.

It's just pouring snow out there- awesome!

Channell 7 just said maybe 4-6 for the Hudson valley before the storm pulls out at 7am

If it snows like this we may get that in two hours!

Its snowing easily at 3" an hour..

I have no idea where I'm gonna put all this snow.  What a dilemma huh lol

I am thinking the same thing. Heavy snow here in Sparta in the SE part of Sussex County but probably note quite as heavy as what you are getting.

Looking at the evolution of the precip. I actually like the eastern part of the county a bit more. Could be wrong.

I was thinking the same/ Current radar is filling in off of the NJ coast south of western LI and heading north. We'll see.

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=DIX-N0C-1-12

Archived