joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is what I am researching next! Wanted to get through the sleet fest first before I focused on the snow part.. I think it could be a good 5-6 hours if all goes to plan.. The question is, do we get into banding or not....

Definitely let us know what your conclusions are, if any. I just switched over here, pure sleet to pure snow in about two minutes.

This is not very encouraging, lots of dry air going to come up

post-463-0-54322700-1392351953_thumb.jpg

On another note the Thruway is flooding

OBSTRUCTION ON ROADWAY I-87 - NYS THRUWAY SOUTHBOUND FROM MILEPOST 20.9 TO 0.0 BETWEEN EXIT 13 AND NYC LINE

Obstruction on roadway, flooding I-87 - NYS Thruway southbound from milepost 20.9 to 0.0 between exit 13 and NYC Line 10:45:09PM 2/13/14

I dunno... I feel like there is going to be much better action west of the Hudson River tonight... Areas further east will probably get some but it will be more sporadic in nature... Hard to get a sense, but just looking at the radar, it looks like the main show is in Orange Co and Ulster, moving north/north east from there.  I could be wrong and things may shift around, but I think those east of the river will be in and out of the good stuff...

I say 3-5 would be a reasonable expectation for Southern Dutchess.

I think I must have received an inch of pure sleet earlier.

This is not very encouraging, lots of dry air going to come up

Capture.JPG

On another note the Thruway is flooding

OBSTRUCTION ON ROADWAY I-87 - NYS THRUWAY SOUTHBOUND FROM MILEPOST 20.9 TO 0.0 BETWEEN EXIT 13 AND NYC LINE

Obstruction on roadway, flooding I-87 - NYS Thruway southbound from milepost 20.9 to 0.0 between exit 13 and NYC Line 10:45:09PM 2/13/14

Is the obstruction the hudson? Lol...those mm dont make sense for an "obstruction".

Guest Patrick

still getting smoked back this way... snowflakes powdery again, but heavy SN+   Insane rates.  Watch that band swinging east from PA pivot and explode over all of us in the next hour!

I dunno... I feel like there is going to be much better action west of the Hudson River tonight... Areas further east will probably get some but it will be more sporadic in nature... Hard to get a sense, but just looking at the radar, it looks like the main show is in Orange Co and Ulster, moving north/north east from there.  I could be wrong and things may shift around, but I think those east of the river will be in and out of the good stuff...

I say 3-5 would be a reasonable expectation for Southern Dutchess.

I think I must have received an inch of pure sleet earlier.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  The short term models seem to suggest otherwise, but the precipitation shield is looking pretty ragged over NJ right now.  Hopefully that fills in and keeps us going for a few more hours.

I'm pretty sure ALB is starting round 2 with a little sleet mixed in.  Gonna go outside to investigate in a little while.

How much did you get with round 1?

Bro.. At the rate its coming down I will have 20" in 6 hrs lol

I just took a walk- I suggest anyone getting this do so. It really is unreal. The way it's snowing here I can easily see 3-4 inches per hour as well. I'm a believer my man - this is truly our storm now. I took some great pics to document what's going on right now. Very epic!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  The short term models seem to suggest otherwise, but the precipitation shield is looking pretty ragged over NJ right now.  Hopefully that fills in and keeps us going for a few more hours.

How much did you get with round 1?

About 7"

Snow starting now.

Have to say though, it is coming down pretty good right now.. Just don't know how consistent it is going to be.. Either way, this has been an awesome storm.  I feel like I have had my snow fix and I am over the paranoia of being fringed!! 

I'm ready for spring after this one, or at the very least a full night of sleep!  I'm going to ignore the possible system on Saturday.  :sleepy:

Hey West- I know we are near each other based on your posts - whereabouts are you?

We are definitely getting blitzed right now!

Hey West- I know we are near each other based on your posts - whereabouts are you?

We are definitely getting blitzed right now!

Not far from Orange Turnpike and Harriman Heights rd.

Archived