joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Orange county.  Looks like you and NW NJ are going to be the winners.  I think I am just on the edge of the snow.  My only hope is if that snow belt starts moving east as the low moves out.  We'll see.  Still an amazing storm.  

Whatever is in PA has to come thru. It may move more N than E so anyone near the CT border maybe on the outside looking in.

Not far from Orange Turnpike and Harriman Heights rd.

Ahh yes- Harriman heights rd- day before my high school graduation I was going to see this girl in Harriman - some out of towners came down Harriman heights and blew thru the intersection when it was still just a stop sign there- they hit my 71 dodge challenger broadside as I traveled down 17m southbound- my car ended up at the front wall of the bank across the street- nearly killed me and I spent a year recovering. That road is etched in my mind forever lol

I'm off lakes rd over the mountain from Mombasha. Our area has had some great snowfalls for sure. Another one in the books today!

yeah noticed it earlier, pivot point seems to be orange county. Looks like another 3-4hrs of heavy snow. With these rates who knows what we end up with

6-10" additional?

Waiting to see how precip fills in around NYC/ Westchester in the next hr. I think it's pulling out of here by 4. Earlier out in the western half. I'd say the bulk of your accumulation is in the next 2.5- 3hrs. How much? depends where the bands regenerate. I don't think the models had a good handle on the back end as the low is moving more east than north off AC

Ahh yes- Harriman heights rd- day before my high school graduation I was going to see this girl in Harriman - some out of towners came down Harriman heights and blew thru the intersection when it was still just a stop sign there- they hit my 71 dodge challenger broadside as I traveled down 17m southbound- my car ended up at the front wall of the bank across the street- nearly killed me and I spent a year recovering. That road is etched in my mind forever lol

I'm off lakes rd over the mountain from Mombasha. Our area has had some great snowfalls for sure. Another one in the books today!

Not far at all. Youre nice and high up also...

yeah noticed it earlier, pivot point seems to be orange county. Looks like another 3-4hrs of heavy snow. With these rates who knows what we end up with

6-10" additional?

From Upton this was around 10pm

LOW LEVEL FLOW TO NW...BANDS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW NOW OVER

ERN PA SHOULD PIVOT ACROSS OVERNIGHT. BIGGEST IMPACTS FROM THESE

BANDS SHOULD BE OVER ORANGE COUNTY AND NEARBY SECTIONS OF

PASSAIC/ROCKLAND/PUTNAM COUNTIES...WHERE HOURLY SNOWFALL RATES OF

1-3 INCHES AND AN ADDITIONAL 6-10 INCHES OF NEW SNOW ACCUMULATION

NOW EXPECTED OVERNIGHT. FARTHER EAST...NWP MODELS DO NOT SHOW

SIGNIFICANT QPF...BUT WITH THE UPPER LOW AND ASSOCIATED MID LEVEL

COLD POOL AND FRONTOGENESIS/POSITIVE THETA-E ADVECTION TO ITS REAR

MOVING DIRECTLY ACROSS OVERNIGHT...THINK AT LEAST 2-3 INCHES OF

SNOW STILL IN THE CARDS FOR NYC METRO AND WESTERN CT/LONG ISLAND.

BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW IS LIKELY AFT MIDNIGHT ACROSS THIS AREA

Well now I was thinking of going to bed soon, but I guess that I have to see what happens.  Northern Westchester is not mentioned but I am near Rockland and Putnam , so I guess I have to stay up a little longer. May just miss it but who knows with this storm?  It has had a lot of surprises. RIght now down to 30.2 degrees and it is like the eye of the storm out there.  Totally quiet wind and no precip.  

Well now I was thinking of going to bed soon, but I guess that I have to see what happens. Northern Westchester is not mentioned but I am near Rockland and Putnam , so I guess I have to stay up a little longer. May just miss it but who knows with this storm? It has had a lot of surprises. RIght now down to 30.2 degrees and it is like the eye of the storm out there. Totally quiet wind and no precip.

Hopefully you can get a few inches still. Up here in Orange County we are just getting pummeled. It's amazing how short distances can make such a huge difference with these bands.

I'll be rooting for some to head your way!

Thats from 10pm..  Most of us have already picked up 5"+ from part 2 so maybe 3-5" more

Man- this snow just continues to rip out there.

Hopefully we get a few more hours like this.

We are in a good spot now as long as the main band is to our west and the pivot point is near us, it keeps regenerating. Once the band sitting over RT 84 fro PJ to Middletown pushes through, our time is running out

Thats from 10pm.. Most of us have already picked up 5"+ from part 2 so maybe 3-5" more

No doubt - I've got easily another 6 - I can tell by the fact I had cleared half the driveway while the sleet fest was going on.

I'm curious as to when things will finally die out. Going to see it thru to the end - so hopefully that means an all nighter lol

Looks like we lost most or our neighbors- gotten quiet in here.

Hopefully you can get a few inches still. Up here in Orange County we are just getting pummeled. It's amazing how short distances can make such a huge difference with these bands.

I'll be rooting for some to head your way!

Thanks Pitmaster.  Just looked at the radar and the precip is curling around my house and just to my west so we'll see.  Have fun up there sounds like you are having a great end of the storm.  Hopefully makes up for what you may have missed out on earlier in the storm.  Congrats!

Thanks Pitmaster.  Just looked at the radar and the precip is curling around my house and just to my west so we'll see.  Have fun up there sounds like you are having a great end of the storm.  Hopefully makes up for what you may have missed out on earlier in the storm.  Congrats!

We didnt do too bad on the front end either........11.5"

Thanks Pitmaster. Just looked at the radar and the precip is curling around my house and just to my west so we'll see. Have fun up there sounds like you are having a great end of the storm. Hopefully makes up for what you may have missed out on earlier in the storm. Congrats!

Thanks Viking- it's definitely been an enjoyable one. Even if you don't get anymore tonight- looks like we may see a few more inches Sat. This winter keeps on giving!

Thanks Viking- it's definitely been an enjoyable one. Even if you don't get anymore tonight- looks like we may see a few more inches Sat. This winter keeps on giving!

Looking at the radar I think I have to get a little something more which is icing on the cake for a very memorable storm.  It has had a bit of everything.  11-12 inches of snow in about 6 hours, then hours of calm and then strong thunderstorms with a lot of lightning and thunder and now perhaps more snow.  I have not ever been in a storm like this.  I have not even looked at the Saturday storm yet.  The way this winter has gone I am sure there will be some surprises with that one as well.  

Looking at the radar I think I have to get a little something more which is icing on the cake for a very memorable storm. It has had a bit of everything. 11-12 inches of snow in about 6 hours, then hours of calm and then strong thunderstorms with a lot of lightning and thunder and now perhaps more snow. I have not ever been in a storm like this. I have not even looked at the Saturday storm yet. The way this winter has gone I am sure there will be some surprises with that one as well.

No doubt- this has been a very dynamic and wild system - it's thrown everything at us. Very memorable indeed.

Archived