joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, still drizzling. Everything is frozen solid now. I NEVER expect six+ hours of rain in a winter storm. This really sux. Glad you guys are diggin' it but I have no choice but to go to work in the morning.

Don't let me bring y'all down, I just needed to vent.

No worries- most of us have been fringed all winter- we have a steely resolve lol

Good evening guys, Been quietly lurking for almost 10 yrs on the various wx forums. This storm has inspired me to post an obs. Figured I'd do it here since I'm a little upstream of most of you guys for tonight's finale. Anyway.. Moderate sleet w thunder. Four strikes in the last ten minutes. No snow yet but awesome nonetheless! Hoping for a quick changeover and a couple hours of insanity tonight.

Welcome aboard. I remember one time I heard thunder during heavy sleet and then it flashed over to heavy snow.

Thanks for the warm welcomes! Pouring sleet now. Haven't seen it sleet like this since valentines day 07 (I think ?) when it changes its going to rip. Actually as I'm typing this and obsessively staring out the window with the spotlights on full bore there's a couple renegade squirrel crushers starting to mix in.. Bring it on!

I am impressed with the wind with this storm. Usually our winds underperform up here. Been howling out there tonight.

Wonder if we get in on the thunder action?

I'm sheltered from the wind being on the east side of a hill but I hear the wind howling 60 feet above my house. Its been like that since 2:30PM  

No worries- most of us have been fringed all winter- we have a steely resolve lol

I haven't been getting fringed, quite the opposite actually. I've had great accumulations nearly every storm and I have about 20" on the ground with several ice layers in there. I'm just achy, have a broken shovel and I'm looking at a nightmare.commute to work in a few hours. Ehh, I'll be alright, just need to get out and do some skiing or mt biking soon.

I haven't been getting fringed, quite the opposite actually. I've had great accumulations nearly every storm and I have about 20" on the ground with several ice layers in there. I'm just achy, have a broken shovel and I'm looking at a nightmare.commute to work in a few hours. Ehh, I'll be alright, just need to get out and do some skiing or mt biking soon.

Yeah I hear ya- I actually can't complain - in spite of all the fringe jobs- I have 2 ft on the ground after today so far. But from a suburbs standpoint - we really were on the edges for most of the storms- those 3 from last week made up time for a lot of us. It's just odd from the standpoint of living in the suburbs all these years where it's been a role reversal this season.

I'm actually looking forward to watching the Yankees this year and getting back to playing softball. Last year was dismal for NY sports teams lol

Just shoveled my rink, winds are howling out there. Snow is about 4 feet deep around the rink, nice boards for hickey, that's for sure! Light sleet but that's about it. Temp is 28. I think we flip to snow pretty quickly once the heavier stuff moves in as we are riding the 850 0 line.

Woah woah woah woah. You have a rink?! In your yard? Ugh. What's it made out of?

Just shoveled my rink, winds are howling out there. Snow is about 4 feet deep around the rink, nice boards for hickey, that's for sure! Light sleet but that's about it. Temp is 28. I think we flip to snow pretty quickly once the heavier stuff moves in as we are riding the 850 0 line.

That's my gut feeling too but I hope we don't get a sleetfest.

Archived