• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
The Pattern Ahead

ORH_wxman

Thanks, man.....the snow and the accident aren't all, either lol.....lots of fam shi**.

Terrible year.....this place is always a nice escape, though.

Yeah, good social aspect in these threads. Probably the best on the board. Sure we may be goofy, but I don't think you'll find a better breakdown on the analysis of an event. Now, we have Nick here.

Believe it or not, mets are allowed a sense of humor..lol. I think some people think mets are socially inept.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, good social aspect in these threads. Probably the best on the board. Sure we may be goofy, but I don't think you'll find a better breakdown on the analysis of an event. Now, we have Nick here.

Believe it or not, mets are allowed a sense of humor..lol. I think some people think mets are socially inept.

aww...thanks Scott. Lot of love around here tonight :D

aww...thanks Scott. Lot of love around here tonight :D

Hey man, you know your stuff. I learned a lot with the tropics thanks to you. Winter wx is my favorite, but I enjoy tropical meteorology as well. That's my second favorite "aspect" if you will, of weather. I've been through 3 canes...Gloria '85, Bob '91 and Erin '95 in FL. Hopefully, I get to experience more.

Well, many of those interested in this arena are....that and gay. lol

Seriously, suicide attempts, divorce....you name it.....I've dealt with it this year.

Good-bye 2010; my hatred for this year far transcends a dry layer in the mid levels.

Well, many of those interested in this arena are....that and gay. lol

Seriously, suicide attempts, divorce....you name it.....I've dealt with it this year.

Good-bye 2010; my hatred for this year far transcends a dry layer in the mid levels.

Sorry to hear that man. I forgot....also expect a derecho to come through Wilmington this year.

Hey man, you know your stuff. I learned a lot with the tropics thanks to you. Winter wx is my favorite, but I enjoy tropical meteorology as well. That's my second favorite "aspect" if you will, of weather. I've been through 3 canes...Gloria '85, Bob '91 and Erin '95 in FL. Hopefully, I get to experience more.

Same.....except I didn't experience Erin.

That was one well-developed cat 1, btw....classic case of heightened impact relative to what one would expect, when readily intensifying at time of LF.

Similar to Katrina's FL LF....

Same.....except I didn't experience Erin.

That was one well-developed cat 1, btw....classic case of hieghtened impact when readily intensifying at time of LF.

I just happened to be vacationing in Orlando, at my Grandparent's house, when that hit. We got raked really good. I think the center went over Kissimee FL, just to my sw. We had 60-80 mph gusts in Orlando. We lost power around 2am and even had the gutters blown off the house. Pretty cool stuff. As you can imagine, I was on cloud 9..lol.

18z gfs ensembles seems to agree a bit more with 12z ecmwf ensembles with the idea of an earlier clipper development than the 18z op GFS.

The GFS ensembles (and the OP run) also like the idea of the D6-7 system being primarily northern stream and a potential Miller B redevelopment.

Its still way early to say with much confidence if thats the largest threat with this system, but if we get another 24-36 hours of model runs like that (and the OP Euro loses the southern stream idea), then that might be the way to start viewing this threat. But as of now, all options still on the table.

You know your done with your party years when your new years eve festivities consist of watching toy story 3 in your daughters dora the explorer tent.

LOL Have the deck fire pit going, Blue Moon in hand , grandkids playing WII dancing to Michael Jackson, me outside with Dream On blasting out of the IPAD looking at the snow that Kev melted away in my back yard, life is good today.

LOL Have the deck fire pit going, Blue Moon in hand , grandkids playing WII dancing to Michael Jackson, me outside with Dream On blasting out of the IPAD looking at the snow that Kev melted away in my back yard, life is good today.

So many good things...Wii, Blue Moon, fires on the deck, Dream On....What a way to celebrate the New Year!

Getting ready for an epic stretch of cold/snow to open January....really looking good with a couple of Miller B threats and then cross-polar flow bringing the arctic stuff back into Canada. Liking what I see.

40/30 FAIR

You know your done with your party years when your new years eve festivities consist of watching toy story 3 in your daughters dora the explorer tent.

LOL...We had some friends over and their kids..trashed my house..just finished cleaning up..drank 7-8 beers..house is clean..time for bed..no Dick Clark rocking New Years anymore. Now we have Ginx look alike Ryan Seacreast as he drops 2 balls onto Ray's chin.. I'm off to bed...

Happy New Years to one and all. It's been a good year. Many blessings and hopefully the future holds many more for everyone on the board. Here's to a snowy snowy 2011. Heavvy heavy snowy snowy..

From your runner up WOTY .. Enjoy!!

So many good things...Wii, Blue Moon, fires on the deck, Dream On....What a way to celebrate the New Year!

Getting ready for an epic stretch of cold/snow to open January....really looking good with a couple of Miller B threats and then cross-polar flow bringing the arctic stuff back into Canada. Liking what I see.

40/30 FAIR

Happy New Year Socks, hope the New Year is great to you and your family. Man I am excited for winter. Grandson out back snowboarding now, better than Michael Jackson dancing with his sister and cousin!

LOL...We had some friends over and their kids..trashed my house..just finished cleaning up..drank 7-8 beers..house is clean..time for bed..no Dick Clark rocking New Years anymore. Now we have Ginx look alike Ryan Seacreast as he drops 2 balls onto Ray's chin.. I'm off to bed...

Happy New Years to one and all. It's been a good year. Many blessings and hopefully the future holds many more for everyone on the board. Here's to a snowy snowy 2011. Heavvy heavy snowy snowy..

WTF

Remember that conversation? ;)

Archived