Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Sep/Oct/Nov thoughts for DC?

Deck Pic

Did some very cursory looking and I say

all 3 months above normal...1 or 2, well above

I'd be fine with that. There's never a guarantee, but I'd think the odds of a Dec thru Feb being all above would be reduced. I know last year here in Funchester we were below Sept, Oct, and Nov and then bang, way above in Dec and Jan.

I'd be fine with that. There's never a guarantee, but I'd think the odds of a Dec thru Feb being all above would be reduced. I know last year here in Funchester we were below Sept, Oct, and Nov and then bang, way above in Dec and Jan.

I don't think we are going to have a torch winter anyway...

• 3 weeks later...

We had some heat during the first half for sure but the rest of the month looks to go near or below normal.

NAO is looking to flip negative for the first time in 4-5 months. It still in the longer range but getting below -1sd would be meaningful temp wise this time of year. Models like the idea of popping a west coast ridge too. Probably progressive style flow and nothing classic for cool temps.

My Sept +2-3 call is bad. Sustained AOA has been elusive since December (not counting this summers warm lows. Summer daytime was easy peasy all things considered). There is a greater chance at finishing the rest of the month with a neg dep than a + one. Pattern could easily continue into Oct. I suppose the heat ridge is saving all of it's energy for Dec.

Spot on up until this point. But I think we have a pretty solid run of negative departures in progress (4 already through today). I think we probably finish the month somewhere at or just below normal (-1-0). Just a WAG.

I had a hunch that we would flip to a more ec ridge regime that would have legs. Just didn't happen. This is one heck of a persistent pattern irt knocking out heat before it gets anchored. Hopefully it continues for the next 6 months. No reason to doubt it yet. DC always does well with indian summers though. I'm not scared of a warm Nov unless I'm wearing shorts while eating turkey.

I've been watching the long range lately and it looks like we are moving into an amplified pattern to to close out the month. Big trough out west and corresponding -pna late next week will probably get us into some warm highs. Not 90's or anything but 80's for sure if it pans out.

Looks like the big trough will offset the first gl block of the fall but we could start Oct on a cool note if the pna spike + as advertised and corresponding -nao. Highs in the 50's maybe? Pretty far out there but it wouldn't surprise me after the ec ridging get knocked out of the way we could have a period of a gl pinwheel with progressively cooler fronts. Pretty much a WAG on my part but worth watching if you like cool Oct weather. I do.

Well, the amplified idea remains on the table way out in la la land. I'm feeling ok about my wag for early Oct having some unseasonably chilly air during the first week or so. First modeled 850's below freezing. Good times are just around the corner. Can you feel it? I can. lol

0z and 6z gfs:

Think it's about time I do the annual first freeze contest. 

Archived