Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Weekend Storm Disco/Obs (Dec 18th & 19th) ---> Part 2

WeatherNC

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the radar but any way to get ne ga and upstate instead of Raleigh?

Georgia is working now: http://www.daculaweather.com/grlevel3/ffc_284.php I'm working on getting the METARS to display the data (other than clouds). That line in the NE corner of GA is a trough. I also have it set to display fronts etc.

Went from drizzle to -RN/-IP over the past 30 minutes, more IP than RN currently, and the clicking sound outside is noticeable. Kind of interesting considering I have an air temp of 36.4 about 20 ft up in the tree outback. Watching that slug near FAY as it is heading up this way, and likely my best chance of seeing a couple token flakes. MHX says no SN here till maybe after midnight, but looking at radar, we should be drying by then. The melting layer around 4k ft in that band near 95 is evident, hopefully some stuff still reaching the ground though in the heavier returns.

One of the better looking squall lines I have seen this fall/winter :arrowhead: , hopin to see a period of snow but pretty sure thats not gonna happen...

We are so flipping close to that 850 line on the 18z NAM at +6hrs, I could literally spit on it from my house. :arrowhead:

1C just below 850mb at PGV

NAM_218_2010121818_F06_35.5000N_77.5000W.png

:facepalm: , looks like some token IPs :yikes:

It looks like Randolph County may be the winner thus far. I was in Montgomery County (Troy) when it started flaking. Right after 1pm there was significant snow/sleet for about an hour before turning to rain. I then traveled north and saw a transition back to sticking snow just south of Asheboro. When I got to Randleman there was a pretty Winter Wonderland that had to be approaching an inch of accumulation. When I got back home we have just a little less. Probably between 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. It's still snowing tiny little flakes. Much more than I was expecting.:thumbsup:

Archived