Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Weekend Storm Disco/Obs (Dec 18th & 19th) ---> Part 2

WeatherNC

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flakes are starting to fall here - watch out High Point!!

Interesting. Radar shows nothing over Winston-Salem, so maybe I won't miss the band. We shall see.

This may be a stupid question, but how do you tell whether a radar is in Clear Air Mode? I was curious whether Blacksburg and Greer radars are in Clear Air Mode right now.

Definitely precip rate driven it seems. RAH highlighted that yesterday.

Agreed. Sitting at 34.9 here in hartsville and I'm watching the radar like a hawk. Some heavier precip is coming so I feel confident that if we get under a heavy band that I could get some snow or sleet. Forecasted high of 43 doesn't look good. Woke up at 10am to 36 degrees and now it is down to 34. Hopefully we cxan keep it low and get some snow late tonight,

Just got back in from some errands in town, started with -IP around noon, but that quickly switched over to -RN. 37/32 at the airport, so yeah, we're done with the frozen here. Thinking about going to Rocky Mount for dinner around 6pm, taking the back roads. Soundings look good there from about 9pm - midnight for dendrites. Not much, but a consolation prize on this one.

Archived