12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Weekend Storm Disco/Obs (Dec 18th & 19th) ---> Part 2

WeatherNC

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently sitting at 33.3 with a DP of 28. My DP has been steadily dropping all morning from a high of around 32 at 7am. I'm liking the precip headed up 85 currently toward CLT. Hopefully once it reached here we can score a little sleet/snow out of it!

Either way good luck everyone! Hopefully someone in NC is able to score something out of this.

your dewpoints are dropping, as is everybody in NC on ne winds, I think you're already set, just wait and watch for the snow and sleet to arrive if your 850 can get low enough and the precip rates hard enough. I think you'll do it.

your dewpoints are dropping, as is everybody in NC on ne winds, I think you're already set, just wait and watch for the snow and sleet to arrive if your 850 can get low enough and the precip rates hard enough. I think you'll do it.

We are getting ready to drive to Charlotte. My 3 year old made sure we packed all of her winter clothes. Will the drive be ok?

My dewpoint has just started to drop within the past 20 minutes here in Hillsborough.

Yeah this is about as close as it gets for us. Extremely close call, this could have been a substantial snow if the cards lined up a little better, with more gulf development further west. I just glanced at the euro and it has another southern system near Christmas eve, maybe our turn is coming.

One of our local mets said this morning He thought it is the best chance for a white Christmas He has ever seen since he's been here. Showed map of lp coming from ca. all the way across and had western 2/3 of nc in snow ! :snowman:

Good luck to you all on the snow, :thumbsup: I'm just hoping to catch a stray flurrie !

Great to hear Foothills..... hopefully you are right. You were spot on with the last storm and I really appreciate your input.

Cloud look like they are wanting to snow and it has the feel outside. Hopefully a little suprise is in store for us all

Yeah this is about as close as it gets for us. Extremely close call, this could have been a substantial snow if the cards lined up a little better, with more gulf development further west. I just glanced at the euro and it has another southern system near Christmas eve, maybe our turn is coming.

Hey thats only 5-6 days away. That time frame with the euro use to be money in the bank (2 consecutive euro runs inside 5 days). Unfortunately I've lost confidence lately with that old rule of thumb. I'm heading to one of the family functions today over in Cherryville this afternoon. Going the wrong way, but where is the shortwave located that can /is supose to dig down tonight and amplify the coastal. Thanks

One of our local mets said this morning He thought it is the best chance for a white Christmas He has ever seen since he's been here. Showed map of lp coming from ca. all the way across and had western 2/3 of nc in snow ! :snowman:

Good luck to you all on the snow, :thumbsup: I'm just hoping to catch a stray flurrie !

Yes indeed! This might not work out, but the potential is definitely there. We need that system to track a bit farther south and we're in business. :popcorn:

Archived