Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Weekend Storm Disco/Obs (Dec 18th & 19th) ---> Part 2

WeatherNC

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We got 8" on Jan 30th and 3" on Feb 13. 1" of snow/sleet on Dec 18 but it turned to rain. Nothing out of the other systems? Wow.

Raleigh did get screwed last year, but not as bad as you guys in CLT. Raleigh got warm-sectored a couple times and a couple other storms missed them to the south and east. If I recall, RDU received right about average snowfall. Not a bad winter, but nothing like what I had 100 miles west, either.

James what a difference a few miles make. I've got nothing here, but it looks like it could change any second.

Still just on-and-off flurries; you're not missing much.

Jan 30 was the one I remember. But a lot of the systems went to our south and down towards Fayetteville.

Are you sure about that? Last winter was primarily a north of 40 West of 85 year. DOwn here and towards FAY it was the relative min in the state even compared to the coast after the one storm that dumped 8" in some places out there. In March there was the meso band in Sanford but otherwise we were the relative min down here.

I found the snow. Caught it on 311S as I entered high point as just flurriesm. By the time I hit the randolph/guilford county line huge flakes. Now I'm about 3 miles into randolph and its pouring. Already covered yards and some roads. Temp went from 36 in west high point to 32 now in randolph county. The nephew loves it.

Raleigh did get screwed last year, but not as bad as you guys in CLT. Raleigh got warm-sectored a couple times and a couple other storms missed them to the south and east. If I recall, RDU received right about average snowfall. Not a bad winter, but nothing like what I had 100 miles west, either.

Still just on-and-off flurries; you're not missing much.

Yeah, we got that one good storm, but had potential for a lot more. That one storm made up most of the average for the winter.

Anyway, back to now. Hoping we'll get something falling here soon. It was about this time when it started with the last Saturday snow.

Are you sure about that? Last winter was primarily a north of 40 West of 85 year. DOwn here and towards FAY it was the relative min in the state even compared to the coast after the one storm that dumped 8" in some places out there. In March there was the meso band in Sanford but otherwise we were the relative min down here.

Short term snow memory I guess as Anyone in Wake County did very well last winter.

Radar seems to be pivoting slightly around Charlotte and sending the moisture in a slightly more NE direction vs the ENE direction earlier at least for a short time. I think I may stay in some light to moderate snow a little longer and maybe if I'm lucky I will get an inch out of it. It still seems the real winners will be Northern Lee, Eastern Chatham, Wake and Countiers to their North and East. We will See.

Of course the weenie in me hopes the coastal will keep me in some moisture later although it looks unlikely as of now with no huge quickly developing surprises.

Nah. Maybe to a gnats knee. Here's a quick video I shot about halfway through the 30 minutes of snow. Can see the snow MUCh better if you go to youtube and watch the 720p version.

Nice video, hopes RDU can cash in on something like that! 720p looks great.

Archived