• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Weekend Storm Disco/Obs (Dec 18th & 19th) ---> Part 2

WeatherNC

I was somewhat optimistic earlier about the radar and trends but I think its almost over for me now. It also seems the storm may under perform for the areas under the advisory. It seems to have been too warm for many and looks as if the precip is already sliding east fast for them as well. They pick up something later with a little wrap around but I wouldn't count on it too much.

Happy to get the ground covered here but does seem to be melting off some already.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep appears to have winded down but its pretty to christmas shop with flakes in the air!

still getting flakes here in the western part of the county and looking as some light echoes developing back to my west, so while certainly not the heavy stuff we had earlier, should see some on/off light stuff the rest of the afternoon.

still getting flakes here in the western part of the county and looking as some light echoes developing back to my west, so while certainly not the heavy stuff we had earlier, should see some on/off light stuff the rest of the afternoon.

Still snowing very lightly here as well. Not enough to keep up with the melt rate of what fell earlier.

RAH afternoon discussion bascially says FAIL here. dry air working its way into western NC and pushing east (will dry out the drendritic growth zone). If you don't see it now you pretty much won't. Ahh well screw job here is pretty much assured.

RAH afternoon discussion bascially says FAIL here. dry air working its way into western NC and pushing east (will dry out the drendritic growth zone). If you don't see it now you pretty much won't. Ahh well screw job here is pretty much assured.

Not a fail or a screwjob by any means... its coming in faster which is not surprising at all given the models usually are too slow. We bought into the slower movement on the models. FAIL on our part :)

Maybe you should petition your town to change it's name to Northern Pines. Couldn't hurt and just might appease the God of Winter.

We had big snowflakes come down here about noontime for about 10 min. , covered the ground with a dustin, than switch over to sleet for about a houir than stoped, started back up as heavy light snow about 2:30 and stoped at 3:00, light fluuries right now, I'm between Concord and Salisbury.

What's heavy light snow?

Looks like a couple flurries are falling outside again, but nothing to get excited over. Nonetheless, this marks the fourth time I have seen snowfall this season. Unfortunately, only one of those snowfalls was measurable.

Not a fail or a screwjob by any means... its coming in faster which is not surprising at all given the models usually are too slow. We bought into the slower movement on the models. FAIL on our part :)

Well definitely a fail on timing but a screw job because we were at least expecting a few flakes and that has not occurred. If by some miracle it changes before precip ends (has to happen very soon) it won't be.

Also, kudos to RAH for not throwing an advisory up in my area. I thought it may have been warranted with .1-.25" QPF some of the models were throwing here, but as it turns out, all I've seen is flurries and a WWA would have been a huge bust here.

That band about to roll through Raleigh looks mighty impressive on radar.

Archived