joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2013 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great weather this morning! 70/54 right now with blue skies. 

never thought I could get tired of upper 40's low 50's for lows and upper 60's to lows 70's for highs, but it's been weeks like this. I'm over it!

What kind of weather would you like Bo? Don't tell me your ready for colder weather now!

MKX tweeted this:

@NWSMKX: On August 8th, 1882 a snowstorm over Lake Michigan dumped 6" of slush on ship decks! Snow showers were also reported on shore. #wiwx

I find this very hard to believe especially since MKE had a high of 92 that day. Lol

MKX tweeted this:

@NWSMKX: On August 8th, 1882 a snowstorm over Lake Michigan dumped 6" of slush on ship decks! Snow showers were also reported on shore. #wiwx

I find this very hard to believe especially since MKE had a high of 92 that day. Lol

Maybe it was actually hail? Snow is hard to believe.

Great weather this morning! 70/54 right now with blue skies. 

What kind of weather would you like Bo? Don't tell me your ready for colder weather now!

What do you want in exchange?  Colder or warmer?

Weather is nice don't get me wrong, just venting about the lack of variety this Summer.  I'd probably prefer colder.  I've been ready for Fall since July 1st actually.

Hey Milwaukee folks. You all are getting a good weekend anchor and reporter by the name of Toni Valliere on WISN I believe. She was one of our anchors down here and has been down here for the last 9 years. She's a sweet lady, and I'm sure at some point they'll mention the Joplin tornado and her coverage of it. 

Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye on WISN for her coverage.  I believe there are a few new weather anchors in the area that have started recently.

Chalked up another sub 80º high yesterday...the 32nd such day this summer at LAF. 

June: 15 days

July: 14 days

August: 3 days (through 8/8)

So far this summer at LAF, 15 days have had above normal max temperatures...49 days below normal...and 5 days at normal.

June: 7 days...20 days...3 days

July: 8 days...22 days...1 day

August: 0 days...7 days...1 day

Chalked up another sub 80º high yesterday...the 32nd such day this summer at LAF. 

June: 15 days

July: 14 days

August: 3 days (through 8/8)

So far this summer at LAF, 15 days have had above normal max temperatures...49 days below normal...and 5 days at normal.

Getting bored yet with this pattern yet? ;)

Once again the airport will come in with a misleading 80 or 90 degree plus high when almost everywhere else is in the mid to upper 70s. I say misleading when comparing to the region. This only seems to have become a recent urban heat island issue.

Must be all the heat from the runways. That area around MKE isn't that urbanized. Compared to the area around ORD.

Once again the airport will come in with a misleading 80 or 90 degree plus high when almost everywhere else is in the mid to upper 70s. I say misleading when comparing to the region. This only seems to have become a recent urban heat island issue.

The far SE areas have had full sun all day and with 850mb temps around 13c. So making it to 80 was kind of inevitable. RAC and ENW will probably crack 80 as well.

It would be interesting to do this with the low temps. With the way LAF radiates I would guess there are a lot more low temps AOB average than say IND.

That station will probably be a featured location for a future AGW story.

Archived