e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
August 2013 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely the hottest it's felt so far for this stretch.  Hit 93, but dews held in the mid 70s all afternoon, which is about 10 degrees higher than yesterday.  Heat index reached as high as 107.  89/76 now, with a heat index of 100.. 

MLI set a new record today of 97.  Their heat index is 108 currently. 

Still haven't mixed out this stubborn stratus deck and it looks like we have a good chance of fog overnight with the abundant low level moisture and light winds.

I welcome some fog to clear out the pollen in the air. 75/69 here right now.

---

Sounds brutal Cyclone!

Definitely the hottest it's felt so far for this stretch. Hit 93, but dews held in the mid 70s all afternoon, which is about 10 degrees higher than yesterday. Heat index reached as high as 107. 89/76 now, with a heat index of 100..

MLI set a new record today of 97. Their heat index is 108 currently.

Spent the day in moline inspecting roofs. Get home, 10 degrees cooler with a nice breeze. 84 currently

Nice pic, you can see it way off in the distance, I'd assume it must've been thick really only within 2 miles of the shore at that point, right?

Once you got within 2 miles the edge of the clouds were pretty much overhead and then in downtown Zion it was completely cloudy with wisps of fog moving just over head. You had to be even closer to the lake around here to really get into the fog. I'm noticing the clouds are trying to advance inland right now.

Once you got within 2 miles the edge of the clouds were pretty much overhead and then in downtown Zion it was completely cloudy with wisps of fog moving just over head. You had to be even closer to the lake around here to really get into the fog. I'm noticing the clouds are trying to advance inland right now.

Even Downtown Milwaukee wasn't foggy today, just overcast for the morning and parts of the afternoon.  MKE, RAC and Waukegan obviously were socked in most of the day though.

Certainly missing the brunt of this heat here. Overcast almost all day today, did hit 84, and despite it being muggy, it didnt feel too bad. the low today was only 76F, which should it stand it would be a record warm min for the day, but if we fall below 74 by 1am it won't. DTW still on 90F watch...will July 15-19th be it for 2013?

Certainly missing the brunt of this heat here. Overcast almost all day today, did hit 84, and despite it being muggy, it didnt feel too bad. the low today was only 76F, which should it stand it would be a record warm min for the day, but if we fall below 74 by 1am it won't. DTW still on 90F watch...will July 15-19th be it for 2013?

There might be a single day left where 90 could happen, but the probability drops considerably after Sept 1st. Heck, the record high on Sept 16th is 89!

Tomorrow is probably the best shot left until next May.

Even Downtown Milwaukee wasn't foggy today, just overcast for the morning and parts of the afternoon.  MKE, RAC and Waukegan obviously were socked in most of the day though.

Clouds are advancing overhead again. Temperature and dewpoint not far apart; 70/68.

Clouds are advancing overhead again. Temperature and dewpoint not far apart; 70/68.

Unrelated to the clouds you're speaking of, looks like there are clouds advancing ESE from a small area of light showers in Western Wisconsin.  They could be a slight hindrance toward radiating tonight.  Of course, with the low level moisture, it probably won't make a big difference either way.

Unrelated to the clouds you're speaking of, looks like there are clouds advancing ESE from a small area of light showers in Western Wisconsin.  They could be a slight hindrance toward radiating tonight.  Of course, with the low level moisture, it probably won't make a big difference either way.

Got quite a bit of haze out there now. 

Per Skilling's forecast - looks like one more shot at 90s on Friday and then lake breezes for Saturday. Heat wave looks shorter and shorter.

69/68 now.

This wasn't the summer for prolonged heat that's for sure.

Foggy out there tonight.

Light winds forecasted Friday, so it could be another day of lake breezes. My grid shows that as the hottest day at 89.

This wasn't the summer for prolonged heat that's for sure.

Foggy out there tonight.

Light winds forecasted Friday, so it could be another day or lake breezes. My grid shows that as the hottest day at 89.

What wind there is will be south, so I think tomorrow is the more likely day for a lake breeze, since it  is supposed to be a light SE wind.  Saturday likely to be as well.

Archived