e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
August 2013 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just tabulated Met Summer sub 70 days for many subforum cities, and this is what I came up with:

Marquette: 30

Milwaukee: 18

Chicago: 7

Minneapolis: 7

Madison: 6

Green Bay: 6

La Crosse: 5

Rockford: 4

Detroit: 4

Des Moines: 2

I was surprised how far ahead Milwaukee was of some of the other cities, but then I remembered the cool stretch we had to start June, with 7 consecutive days under 70 here from June 2nd through 8th.

The front is very apparent on radar from just south of Minneapolis to just SE of Rhinelander where some cells are starting to develop.  Hopefully they can pay off a day of searing heat with a front and some t'storm action.

Winds are turning off the lake already as close as Manitowoc. In the low 70s on the Door Peninsula. 

Winds are turning off the lake already as close as Manitowoc. In the low 70s on the Door Peninsula. 

I think that's an OFB that is moving SW from GRB.  Unfortunately I could see that OFB scouring the storms NW of Green Bay.  Since we finally have good instability on a potential stormy evening, it would be a shame to see it go to waste with winds turning off the lake.

Just chase this heat out of here. 

What a miserable day. Even with the air conditioning on, my home office is a cool, comfortable 82 degrees.  I have a west facing window, and and soon as the sun comes around the west side of the house I get 8 hours, more or less, of direct sulight in here, and curtains, reflective shades, etc... do not do much to prevent the room from getting warm.

The kids were miserable at school.  Building was built in the late 50's, so there is no A/C, save for the lunchroom, and the main office. Inside, the school hovered right around 90.  Hopefully, we can get some cooler weather for a day or two, before the heat builds in again, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Next week, however, looks okay. For now.....

Pretty much all schools started yesterday and went all day today, but there was some that let out early. Not many old buildings w/o AC left in the local area anymore. 

Still 92° out.

Storms might come this far south. Doesn't look like too high of a chance though.

972187_10151797656811760_1496509999_n.pn

Can see some over shooting tops up by GRB right now.

wisgif32.jpg

Man some of you guys stayed pretty warm last night.  Got way down to 70 here. 

Yeah Cyclone, it got cloudy last night and it stayed like that until the early morning. Perfect way to keep the the low up as high as possible.

Archived