Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
August 2013 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering that was from another day, nice job cherry picking. There are days when it seems questionable, but it was legit yesterday and today, I am more remarking about how much it jumped today right before the sun stops its heating impact around 5pm or so.

Your track record isn't so hot.

Looking at vis sat clearly shows cirrus thinned, thus the 3F jump.

Took what may be the hottest bike ride of the summer..   10 miles and soaking wet/sweat fest...  quite a few people out given how warm it is outside.  Still 87F/75F

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LA CROSSE WI
430 PM CDT MON AUG 26 2013

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE AT LA CROSSE WISCONSIN...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 97 DEGREES WAS SET TODAY AT THE LA
CROSSE MUNICIPAL AIRPORT. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 96 SET IN

$

ZT

Pretty cool video I saw posted on Skilling's blog. Showing fog rolling over the mountains in Newfoundland.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=08e_1377093145

18z NAM hires showing showers and clouds late tomorrow morning in the area. Noticed quite a few OFB on that run also.

Edit: No wonder my allergies are bothering me today. Mold count was 53,000 mold spores/cubic meter!  :axe:

Edit 2: Skilling toned down the heat in the 7 day forecast. Must have looked at the EURO for next week.

About 5 degrees warmer than this time yesterday.  Cirrus shouldn't be quite as much of an issue today, with most of it probably staying just northeast.  Point says 96, which sounds about right.  May make a run at 100 if we stay completely clear this afternoon.  Today will definitely be the hottest day of this stretch, as the weekend looks much cooler now.

• Low of 79F...which beats the record of 74F... 

This weather is bananas...  i'm ready for fall.

You could grow bananas out your way.... for today. We got lucky on this side of the lake, I'm not sure this even qualify as a heat wave here. Its uncomfortable, but that's about it.

Archived