12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
August 2013 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DTW got hit by a freak issolated shower today, it popped up right over the area and dumped up to 1.5 inches per radar estimate on nearby areas.

It was calm and clear everywhere else within a 500 miles radius.

Stat padder.

EDIT: Looks like Ontario had a couple showers too, less impressive though.

Good for that area.

I was actually enjoying the sunshine, something that has been in short supply over the past week. No sense in being socked in convective debris everywhere if the activity is isolated.

Hot here, but the clouds are helping...sun still poking through...  i woke up and went outside first thing this morning and man...that humidity was just nasty.  Dews around 74F...  ugh.

Seeing a ton of ladybugs around the yard right now...also seeing a lot of soldier beetles and stinkbugs.  Picked our pumpkins already (13 of them)...  Still a lot of green tomatoes...

88° imby now. 72 dew

Thinking about 91° today. Probably start getting some clouds mid afternoon.

DLL - Yeah I know one person. She's older, but thinks that 80° is more like 70°. (In the winter the house is like 75°) Lives within blocks of the lake, so there's quite a few days with free AC in the summer. I know she has fans and so forth to keep cool, plus there is large trees that shade the house all day.

Even if I lived on the lakefront and it never got above 90°, I would need the AC to take out the humidity in the air!

FYI: I grew up with AC. It helps the allergy situation, although not entirely during ragweed season. Pollen still gets in.

Question for all:

Does anyone on here not have AC or know someone that doesn't have AC? How do they do it?! I would move into a hotel if I didn't have AC or sleep in my car with the engine running. I really am a %ussy when it comes to heat/humidity!

I grew up without AC and only have had it for the last 8 or so years. Just one of those things where you are used to it. Keep the house closed during the day and use fans to get the hot air out at night. Only can remember a few times where it was unbearable, 1995 being the worst I can remember because it didnt cool off at night, but I was young so easier to deal with. I still only set my AC at 78.

91/81/111 at DKB. :sizzle:

99 at SQI.

My question is why doesn't the heat advisory extend across the rest of the LOT CWA.

Good question. It's not like the heat index's are that much different from west to east. Although the dewpoints are higher over the agricultural lands more so.

Not long enough of a period of time for the heat index to exceed 100°?

Archived