12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
August 2013 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Severe t-storm watch 504 just issued for N IL, S WI, N IN, S MI.

Until 9pm here.

Wow, you're fast Alek! lol

The threats:

THE HOT AND HUMID AIRMASS IN PLACE AHEAD OF A COLD FRONT PUSHINGSOUTHWARD WILL LIKELY SET THE STAGE FOR A BROKEN LINE OFTHUNDERSTORMS MID TO LATE THIS AFTERNOON INTO THIS EVENING. STRONGINSTABILITY COULD ALLOW FOR A FEW OF THE MOST INTENSE STORMS TOBECOME SEVERE AND PRODUCE DAMAGING WIND GUSTS AND LARGE HAIL...ASWELL AS FREQUENT CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING AND TORRENTIALDOWNPOURS. BE ALERT FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF SEVERE WEATHER LATERTODAY INTO THIS EVENING.

maybe they figure the duration will be really short as the front pushes through in a few hours

Good question. It's not like the heat index's are that much different from west to east. Although the dewpoints are higher over the agricultural lands more so.

Not long enough of a period of time for the heat index to exceed 100°?

My only guess is they watched trends until it was clear cut that dews were not going to mix out and by then it was too late. Maybe.

That is an impressive looking cell.  Looks like it's going to miss the city just to the west, though.

You're under a warning now. Line is back building.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNINGWIC027-079-089-131-133-302015-/O.NEW.KMKX.SV.W.0064.130830T1929Z-130830T2015Z/BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTEDSEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNINGNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI229 PM CDT FRI AUG 30 2013THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SULLIVAN HAS ISSUED A* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...  SOUTHEASTERN DODGE COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...  MILWAUKEE COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...  SOUTHWESTERN OZAUKEE COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...  WASHINGTON COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...  WAUKESHA COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...* UNTIL 315 PM CDT* AT 226 PM CDT...SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WERE LOCATED ALONG A LINE  EXTENDING FROM CEDARBURG TO 8 MILES EAST OF WATERTOWN...AND MOVING  SOUTHEAST AT 30 MPH.  HAZARD...QUARTER SIZE HAIL.  SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED.  IMPACT...DAMAGE TO VEHICLES IS EXPECTED.* SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE NEAR...  MEQUON AND THIENSVILLE AROUND 240 PM CDT.  SUSSEX AND MENOMONEE FALLS AROUND 245 PM CDT.  LAPHAM PEAK STATE PARK AND RIVER HILLS AROUND 250 PM CDT.  GLENDALE AND MILWAUKEE TIMMERMAN AIRPORT AROUND 255 PM CDT.  WAUKESHA AIRPORT AND WHITEFISH BAY AROUND 300 PM CDT.  MILWAUKEE COUNTY ZOO AND UW-MILWAUKEE CAMPUS AROUND 305 PM CDT.OTHER LOCATIONS IMPACTED BY THESE SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS INCLUDE LAC LABELLE...GERMANTOWN...OCONOMOWOC...STONE BANK...NORTH LAKE...COLGATE...OCONOMOWOC LAKE...NASHOTAH...CHENEQUA AND LAPHAM PEAK STPARK.

I grew up without AC and only have had it for the last 8 or so years. Just one of those things where you are used to it. Keep the house closed during the day and use fans to get the hot air out at night. Only can remember a few times where it was unbearable, 1995 being the worst I can remember because it didnt cool off at night, but I was young so easier to deal with. I still only set my AC at 78.

The temp in our house ranges between 72F and 75F...  I was at my brother's (who lives in Rochester, MN) and their house  (brand new condo) was 70F and i was freezing.   In winter i easily can handle 65F...  just need to get used to it...  I just couldn't imagine living without AC.  

Saukville claims to not use his...

Above 90F again...dews dropped to upper 60Fs...clear blue skies.

hi-res nam did pretty well a couple days out

Yeah the 12z run was slow with the frontal passage. Looking good for that storm to pass through here.

DLL - maybe the hotter air got trapped in the valley overnight? Not much mixing?

95/102 here right now.

Waukesha, Brookfield getting slammed. Probably some hail on that end of the storm falling.

Warning down to Kenosha now. Better not miss this storm here!

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNINGWIC055-059-079-101-105-127-133-302130-/O.NEW.KMKX.SV.W.0066.130830T2040Z-130830T2130Z/BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTEDSEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNINGNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI340 PM CDT FRI AUG 30 2013THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SULLIVAN HAS ISSUED A* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...  SOUTHEASTERN JEFFERSON COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...  KENOSHA COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...  SOUTHWESTERN MILWAUKEE COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...  RACINE COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...  NORTHEASTERN ROCK COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL WISCONSIN...  WALWORTH COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...  SOUTHERN WAUKESHA COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN...* UNTIL 430 PM CDT* AT 336 PM CDT...SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WERE LOCATED ALONG A LINE  EXTENDING FROM HALES CORNERS TO POTTER LAKE TO WHITEWATER...AND  MOVING SOUTH AT 25 MPH.  HAZARD...QUARTER SIZE HAIL AND 70 MPH WIND GUSTS.  SOURCE...TRAINED WEATHER SPOTTERS.  IMPACT...HAIL DAMAGE TO VEHICLES IS EXPECTED. EXPECT CONSIDERABLE           TREE DAMAGE. WIND DAMAGE IS ALSO LIKELY TO MOBILE HOMES...           ROOFS AND OUTBUILDINGS.* SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE NEAR...  FRANKLIN AND WIND LAKE AROUND 345 PM CDT.  ROCHESTER AROUND 355 PM CDT.  BURLINGTON AIRPORT AND BROWNS LAKE AROUND 400 PM CDT.  ELKHORN AND EAGLE LAKE AROUND 405 PM CDT.  BOHNERS LAKE AROUND 410 PM CDT.  UNION GROVE AND COMO AROUND 415 PM CDT.OTHER LOCATIONS IMPACTED BY THESE SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS INCLUDEFRANKLIN...LA GRANGE...HONEY CREEK...WATERFORD...TIBBETS...MILLARD...ABELLS CORNERS...CALEDONIA...RICHMOND AND NORTH CAPE.

Nice out flow boundaries.

MKX.N0Q.20130830.2051.gif

I don't know if CR hit 100 intra-hour.  Des Moines hit 104 last hour.  Beyond the temps, the dewpoints are interesting.  Ottumwa is currently 101 with a dewpoint of 58.  I'm assuming dry air has been mixing down.  Just up the road in Waterloo the temp is 92 with a dewpoint of 77 due to moisture pooling along the front.  That's quite a difference.

Severe thunderstorm warning now for Lake County, Mc Henry county for quarter sized hail and 60mph winds.

First pic:

Looks like a hail core near Union Grove, WI. About 20 miles NNW of here.

2, Pic of the leading edge.

Archived