• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
August 2013 General Discussion

Geos

Labor Day looks to be the hottest day for northern IL from what I can tell based off the 00z Euro freebie.  Maybe Sunday if the front comes through a bit quicker.  The ground will be even drier by then as we continue to bake without any rain.  Also, the longer these heatwaves go the more they tend to feed on themselves so to speak.  Unless the 12z Euro changed I'm thinking we may have a good shot at 100 Sunday, and especially Monday.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

90° forecasted today, Monday and Tuesday then mid 80s after that. Models hinting at lake breeze after Tuesday so that would be nice. 

Already 88-89° here.

If my grid forecast is exactly correct through Saturday the month still ends up a bit below normal. ~around -0.3°.

Labor Day looks to be the hottest day for northern IL from what I can tell based off the 00z Euro freebie. Maybe Sunday if the front comes through a bit quicker. The ground will be even drier by then as we continue to bake without any rain. Also, the longer these heatwaves go the more they tend to feed on themselves so to speak. Unless the 12z Euro changed I'm thinking we may have a good shot at 100 Sunday, and especially Monday.

12z holds serve. Mid-upper 90's on Sun and the 100F potential Mon/Tue.

You will probably be stuck in the 80's to near 90 Wed-Sat, while inland areas are in the 90's.

If it's like today I can handle it. It's not that bad with the wind.

MKX is advertizing a NE wind on Wednesday...

Is LOT contemplating a Heat Advisory at all?

Made it to 91 today here and at Sterling.  Savanna made 92.  MLI a bit cooler at 90.  The updated DVN forecast bumped temps down a degree or two for the mon-wed time frame.  Seems like one shift will bump temps up a degree or two, and then another shift comes in and reverses it.  Back and forth war between the shifts lol.

New NAM hires showing Milwaukee hotter again this run. Front pushed back to more around 22z-0z.

Still 76° out at this hour.

temp45.gif

Yeah, I will say I'm thanking my lucky stars that I'm not in Minneapolis this week.  This kind of transient heat wave followed by a minor cool down I can handle.  Still in the mid 80s when it is almost midnight, and swamp *** dews?  Would not handle unless I had good AC like the central air at my house.

Yeah, I will say I'm thanking my lucky stars that I'm not in Minneapolis this week.  This kind of transient heat wave followed by a minor cool down I can handle.  Still in the mid 80s when it is almost midnight, and swamp *** dews?  Would not handle unless I had good AC like the central air at my house.

MSP is still at 85/74 right now at 1am! I'll take my current 75/65, lol.

I bet they'll hit 100° tomorrow.

Archived