• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just 10 so far...

May- 1

Jun- 2

Jul- 7

Aug- 0

EDIT: I'll have to go back and check sometime, but I think at this point last year I had 40-50, or something like that. What an amazing difference a year makes.

Yea, no doubt a large swing. ORD had 40 90+ days last year through the 21st, compared to only 7 this year.

And fixed... :guitar:

Just 11 so far...

May-  1

Jun-  2

Jul-  7

Aug-  1

Yeah you're looking good where you're at. The storms north of you and west of me are trying organize into a line moving ESE. I hope I get something out of this. I haven't seen a drop of rain in weeks. The main line in central WI into NE Iowa appears to be splitting apart and might not make it here overnight.

Looks like that cell is heading in my general direction. I can see lightning already. Hail the size of quarters possible.

Even the light stratiform rain NW of the area is shriveling up before it arrives.  Looks like a dry frontal passage, not the first we've had this summer.

Too bad the thunderstorm activity to the north isn't dropping more southward. They look like soakers. 

Starting to thunder here now.

LOT.N0Q.20130822.0205.gif

Edit 9:35: Raining now and thundering a bit. Cell did weaken a bit.

The cells in NE IL just seem to be meandering around not doing much. Had enough rain to wet everything down... and make it more humid.

Can see the cold front/lake front coming down through Milwaukee now on radar.

Storms missed this area by a long shot.  Point forecast from here on out looks bone dry for the next 7+ days.  Looks like this will be the first month in a long time where we get less than an inch for the month.  If we wouldn't have been smoked good by one of the very few storm events (back in June) I'd be feeling pretty frustrated with this summer at this point.  Been one of the faggiest summer severe seasons I've ever seen for the MW as a whole.  It has been a great summer for outdoor activities though.  One of the best summers I've seen for multiple sunny and 80 degree/low humidity weekends.

I'm not that old so I'll say I think somewhat similar to last year but more balanced/frontloaded comparatively.

a meh/below normal winter where we fight for every inch sounds about a fair call. After the past few Decembers I'm gun shy going front-loaded.. I think we do ok after Jan 15th with a nice run but still fall  short of avg snowfall.

mke said 80% chance of rain last night and nothing.  20% chance today... will the rain out power the marine influence? seems its influence has been weakening  some so  maybe we can sneak a tenth or 2 of rain in?

a meh/below normal winter where we fight for every inch sounds about a fair call. After the past few Decembers I'm gun shy going front-loaded.. I think we do ok after Jan 15th with a nice run but still fall  short of avg snowfall.

mke said 80% chance of rain last night and nothing.  20% chance today... will the rain out power the marine influence? seems its influence has been weakening  some so  maybe we can sneak a tenth or 2 of rain in?

What marine influence?  The last hour the winds were offshore, and the temps/DPs were similar to inland areas.

What marine influence?  The last hour the winds were offshore, and the temps/DPs were similar to inland areas.

yeah looks better now like i said..  you must not have seen the marine influence on radar earlier.

77/78 winter..  Nov 16.1"  Dec 20.8"  Jan 25.7" Feb 13.3"   How sweet would that be.

53/54= 17.8" winter.  8.3" for dec/jan

yeah looks better now like i said..  you must not have seen the marine influence on radar earlier.

No I did not, I got up less than an hour ago, did an OFB/lake breeze move through earlier?  Of course, just as I said that the winds at MKE shifted NE but the dews are still well into the 60s.

Archived