12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
August 2013 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lake breeze was showing up well on radar earlier and i figured we were doomed to our normal fate.   Radar looks pretty solid that the rain could hold on to the east and give us a little surprise if it hurries.

Seriously, I think you're golden for some nice rains this morning, maybe not a strong storm, but a couple tenths at least seems likely.

Seriously, I think you're golden for some nice rains this morning, maybe not a strong storm, but a couple tenths at least seems likely.

Would be a nice surprise after i and mke office AFD  pooped on any rain chances..   Nice rain from the 12th is starting to loose it but the grass is still green with no watering..   Def could use a nice 0.75"+ of rain to maybe make it through summer all green..   good luck up there.

Would be a nice surprise after i and mke office AFD  pooped on any rain chances..   Nice rain from the 12th is starting to loose it but the grass is still green with no watering..   Def could use a nice 0.75"+ of rain to maybe make it through summer all green..   good luck up there.

Looks like you're getting pounded right now on the weenie UW-Madison radar Turtle granted us.

Congrats. brewers.  well except for the power deal...  wish i would have looked at the radar last night but I didn't want to be disappointed more.

Frankie brought the goods the last 20 mins here.  Big ole fat drops.. Nice thunder, bolts, foggy too,  could barely see the tree tops across the street. rains starting to back off some now, but that was quite the 20 min deluge.    For being a pretty dry july/august we've sure timed the rains right to avoid drying out.

Holy FFFFFFFF..   Just had a bolt almost land in my lap.. that thing come out of no where... filled up my boxers. wow -bet it it smacked the construction dumpster in the driveway right outside the sidewalk.

Be safe in there....or out there.  I just caught the northern edge of the heavy stuff so it has been a deluge for the past 10-15 minutes.

Congrats to the MKE peeps. Looks like a nice rainfall...and some electricity to boot.

My parents are going to the Cubs game today. Looks dicey. Not to forget to mention the rain. :D

Not a drop to be had here as everything dries up as it tries to move into the LAF. But who really cares if lawns burn this time of the year. Oh well, I guess the drought fanboys will be happy.

Nice radar! Pouring here right now.

Brewers was that there storm that was warned last night? Glad it's raining today because everything fell apart last night.

I think it was one of the storms up north.  At first I wondered if he was stationed in W Racine County, because the warned storm in SE Wisconsin last night missed Racine proper.

I think it was one of the storms up north. At first I wondered if he was stationed in W Racine County, because the warned storm in SE Wisconsin last night missed Racine proper.

Yeah I was thinking he could have been up north.

Allergies definitely have been improving since last night. Rain cleaned air feels, smells great!

It can rain all day if it wants to. The winds have been all over the place since last night when the OFB came through around midnight. Offshore, then onshore - can't decide what it wants to do.

boned dry last night... in mke fashion today we get to watch the precip dry up from the west.. prelude to this upcoming junk winter.

That has to be the earliest winter cancel in the history of American Weather.

Congrats to the MKE peeps. Looks like a nice rainfall...and some electricity to boot.

My parents are going to the Cubs game today. Looks dicey. Not to forget to mention the rain. :D

Not a drop to be had here as everything dries up as it tries to move into the LAF. But who really cares if lawns burn this time of the year. Oh well, I guess the drought fanboys will be happy.

Be far the worst drought in US history. My poor Cubbies.

I picked up a quick 1/4 inch this morning. The putrid looking MCS in Northern IL looks to be a drought buster for the LAF.

winter has sucked here since GHD blizz..  stay the course of another 30 some " winter..   Not calling off winter by any means but until we start getting some cutters to SE MI going again its going to be hard to pull off a good (55"+) snow winter..  Just give me some good early ice making conditions weather and one good shot of staying power arctic air finally then I don't really care all that much if the snow season sucks here.

Be far the worst drought in US history. My poor Cubbies.

I picked up a quick 1/4 inch this morning. The putrid looking MCS in Northern IL looks to be a drought buster for the LAF.

Yep, no drought compares. And no "rain" for the foreseeable future. :(

Swing and a whiff to the north for LAF with that MCS. Deep deep drought begets drought. Looks like it has eyes for your hood though. Hopefully you get a good rain out of it.

Yep, no drought compares. :(

Swing and a whiff to the north for LAF with that MCS. Deep deep drought begets drought. Looks like it has eyes for your hood though. Hopefully you get a good rain out of it.

Cubs are in D5. :D

Whatever we get today looks like it's probably it for a while.

winter has sucked here since GHD blizz..  stay the course of another 30 some " winter..   Not calling off winter by any means but until we start getting some cutters to SE MI going again its going to be hard to pull off a good (55"+) snow winter..  Just give me good ice making weather and I don't really care all that much if the snow season sucks here.

It's going to happen from time to time, and this could well be the winter for that; as snowy as the end of last winter was, there weren't many traditional cutters, mainly a combination of clippers and bowling ball type systems with the occasional cutter, usually a bit NW of the ideal track though.

It's going to happen from time to time, and this could well be the winter for that; as snowy as the end of last winter was, there weren't many traditional cutters, mainly a combination of clippers and bowling ball type systems with the occasional cutter, usually a bit NW of the ideal track though.

Last winter Madison were the winners compared to average. 70 some inches I believe. 

Hopefully the cold air supply will be stronger this winter than last winter.

Sounds like BowMe would like to see a GHD style storm every winter!  :D

Still seeing moderate rain here. This is the kind of rain that has the max potential of soaking into the ground the most.

Yeah I'm up north. Seems like the best storms have been up here this the last two summers.

FYP, only because last summer seemed much the same way.  Sheboygan would just cash in on some storms, and Milwaukee and Chicago would be looking at the lightning to the north while we stayed in the capped warm sector.

winter has sucked here since GHD blizz.. stay the course of another 30 some " winter.. Not calling off winter by any means but until we start getting some cutters to SE MI going again its going to be hard to pull off a good (55"+) snow winter.. Just give me some good early ice making conditions weather and one good shot of staying power arctic air finally then I don't really care all that much if the snow season sucks here.

As far as I'm concerned, you guys can have all of the Detroit cutters (low pressure centers) your heart desires as long as we can have what you guys in Milwaukee and Chicago got with the GHD.

Big winter upcoming for MKE. I have a good feeling.

yeah I think the potential is there for some to have a very enjoyable and nice spread the wealth winter..  I'd be tickled with 45" of snow and an above avg snow cover winter..  I'm all about snow cover.

Last winter Madison were the winners compared to average. 70 some inches I believe. 

Hopefully the cold air supply will be stronger this winter than last winter.

Sounds like BowMe would like to see a GHD style storm every winter!  :D

Still seeing moderate rain here. This is the kind of rain that has the max potential of soaking into the ground the most.

lol... nah. I realize climo now and I'm not a blizzard fan much at all.. I cursed like a drunken sailor more during that once or twice in a lifetime storm than I did the past 3 Decembers combined and that's a ton of whining naughty words..  I hate windy, powdery, drifting storms and unfortunately most siggy cutters are here..  I like the snows that paste on to everything and snows that pile up evenly.  I'm way more of a snow cover nut over big storms in winter than anything.   I can't stand seeing brown grass in winter.

Congrats on the nice soaker. Might get UGN up to avg precip on the yr now?

1.61" at the mke airport through 12:52

yeah I think the potential is there for some to have a very enjoyable and nice spread the wealth winter..  I'd be tickled with 45" of snow and an above avg snow cover winter..  I'm all about snow cover.

lol... nah. I realize climo now and I'm not a blizzard fan much at all.. I cursed like a sailor more during that once or twice in a lifetime storm than I did the past 3 Decembers combined and that's a ton of whining naughty words..  I hate windy, powdery, drifting storms and unfortunately most siggy cutters are here..  I like the snows that paste on to everything and snows that pile up evenly.  I'm way more of a snow cover nut over big storms in winter than anything.   I can't stand seeing brown grass in winter.

Congrats on the nice soaker. Might get UGN up to avg precip on the yr now?

1.61" at the mke airport through 12:52

I agree that the wet snows are the most nice to look at. Last winter I was lucky to get two storms that stuck the snow on the trees. That one snowfall stuck on the trees for about 2 and half days - talk about unusual. Hopefully will get another one of those this winter. I do enjoy seeing the drifts with the bigger, colder storms - don't like to shovel them though. lol

It's nice if you have an even amount of crust on the ground before a powdery type system comes along. That way there's no chance the wind blowing the grass clean in areas.

Up to 29.53" year to date. Gotta get to about 35" to hit average.

Heavy duty rains here today with a ton of lightning. Had a flash flooding warning with radar estimates of 2.50+ inches of rain here imby. Was a heck of a cut off as the airport ( KBTL ) to my wsw showed 1.35 while just a few more miles to the southeast of town/here hardly a drop.

Archived