joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2013 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DLL - that's too bad you're sick. Yeah flipping on the AC is a good idea. Feeling hot while you're sick just compounds the problem. 

I know it's not the same, but the ragweed is really bad, especially with these dry conditions - thus making me feel miserable off and on.

Made it to 53° this morning with some patchy ground fog last night.

This was the 11th day in a row with 50s for lows. 14 days this month.

And the beat goes on....

• Tonight Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 57.
  • Monday Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 83.
  • Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 62.
  • Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 86.
  • Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 66.
  • Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 86.
  • Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 68.
  • Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 87.
  • Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 66.
  • Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 85.
  • Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 65.
  • Saturday Sunny, with a high near 87.
  • Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 66.
  • Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 87.

:sleepy:

EDIT: Just think, we can look forward to September. lol

And the beat goes on....

• Tonight Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 57.
  • Monday Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 83.
  • Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 62.
  • Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 86.
  • Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 66.
  • Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 86.
  • Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 68.
  • Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 87.
  • Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 66.
  • Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 85.
  • Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 65.
  • Saturday Sunny, with a high near 87.
  • Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 66.
  • Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 87.
:sleepy:

EDIT: Just think, we can look forward to September. lol

or October

We had a garage sale over the weekend and the weather was perfect. Partly cloudy with highs in the low to mid 80's. Still haven't turned the AC on but I do have a huge window fan blowing out and drawing air through the house from open windows. Last few nights I've had to put it on low as it got pretty chilly. Can't complain, really, but we'll need some more rain before too much longer.

Hit 77° for the 3rd day in a row. Lawns are burning up pretty good now. Would like to see the rain chances increase for Wednesday night/Thursday.

Tomorrow should be the 5th day it has hit at least 80° this month!  :lmao:

Great pics Bo!

The Jordan river trout stream looks so inviting. Haven't went trout fishing in a long time. Use to go all the time on the Sturgeon near Wolverine.

Looks like its going to get HOT. I don't mind it, the nights have ben cool. In fact, last week one morning our furnace actually came on by itself when we hit 44 for a low.

Mike

We had a garage sale over the weekend and the weather was perfect. Partly cloudy with highs in the low to mid 80's. Still haven't turned the AC on but I do have a huge window fan blowing out and drawing air through the house from open windows. Last few nights I've had to put it on low as it got pretty chilly. Can't complain, really, but we'll need some more rain before too much longer.

your right, we sure do need rain. Can't remember the last time we had a good thunderstorm.

82 here

You know it's boring when the highlight of the week is waiting for the Thursday drought monitor.

Haha - really. Thinking this area will be in D0 this week's update. Grass is really burned up good and dust really flies when you drive down unpaved roads now.

Up to 83° here. Dewpoint not too high yet.

Edit: GFS shows a little rain this week.

GFS_3_2013081912_F120_PCPIN_96_HR.png

Given the extended warm to hot and dry pattern coming up Cedar Rapids has a real shot at having the driest August on record.  I only have 0.32" so far and the airport only has 0.06".  The Euro shows zero rain for the next 10+ days.

Update:  Latest Euro has a half inch of rain falling Thursday.  I'd take that.

Haha - really. Thinking this area will be in D0 this week's update. Grass is really burned up good and dust really flies when you drive down unpaved roads now.

Up to 83° here. Dewpoint not too high yet.

Edit: GFS shows a little rain this week.

GFS_3_2013081912_F120_PCPIN_96_HR.png

Just north of here the GFS Ensembles indicate a good amount of rain/t'storm activity in the next 8 days or so.  Hopefully that pans out, as it would moderate temps occasionally for those who get into the MCS action as well.

Just north of here the GFS Ensembles indicate a good amount of rain/t'storm activity in the next 8 days or so.  Hopefully that pans out, as it would moderate temps occasionally for those who get into the MCS action as well.

Having a MCS would be the best case scenario this week. Things will dry out even more with the 80s the next couple days. Hit 83 today.

Lake breeze and clouds cooled it back off to 76.

lol, what a clown that guy is. He's the worst.

If he's right about +22C, then we could make a run at his range especially if there's no appreciable rain by then, but the big question is whether we can actually get that type of airmass in here. It's been very difficult this summer.

Archived