12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The great July heat wave of 2013

Ian

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not in town this week but I read an AP article related to the northeast heat wave and apparently PG county has seceded from MD?

"Despite temperatures expected to reach between 100 and 105 degrees every day this week, a failing water main means people in Prince George's County, Wash. will have to go several days without water."

91/71... what temp do we usually need by noon to have a good chance at 100?  94?

Yoda*, there is no benchmark...we've done it with 88...maybe even lower...we are fine...not saying we will hit it...there are of course other factors....but our current temp is by far no disqualifier..

Yoda*, there is no benchmark...we've done it with 88...maybe even lower...we are fine...not saying we will hit it...there are of course other factors....but our current temp is by far no disqualifier..

Ah ok... thought there usually was a watermark we would like to be at to possibly reach 100

Yoda*, there is no benchmark...we've done it with 88...maybe even lower...we are fine...not saying we will hit it...there are of course other factors....but our current temp is by far no disqualif

have we ever hit 100 with an 850 at 20 or lower -- that seems tough, even with a good west wind, but interested if you've seen a case

i feel like summer has been near par for the course so far.  probably more humid than normal and maybe very slightly above normal, but nothing to get disappointed about.  if i didn't follow the weather much i probably would have thought this was a pretty typical summer.

though this week may change my thinking a little.

my guess is yes, but I don't know...we were at +16 last hour...but +19 was very close by

I'm sure there's a case, 20C at 850 fully mixed only gets you to about 95/96 w/o downsloping -- I looked at the days > 100 last year and the lowest 00UTC observed 850T was 20.8 (on July 6 and July 17) -- using the 0z IAD sounding which should represent pretty closely the diurnal max for 850T

I'm sure there's a case, 20C at 850 fully mixed only gets you to about 95/96 w/o downsloping -- I looked at the days > 100 last year and the lowest 00UTC observed 850T was 20.8 (on July 6 and July 17) -- using the 0z IAD sounding which should represent pretty closely the diurnal max for 850T

we are around 18.5 now..we might just make 20 later...

i feel like summer has been near par for the course so far.  probably more humid than normal and maybe very slightly above normal, but nothing to get disappointed about.  if i didn't follow the weather much i probably would have thought this was a pretty typical summer.

though this week may change my thinking a little.

Low temps have been on the warm side, which is why our overall temps have been above average. Highs have been pretty much right around average.

Archived