• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Severe Weather possible weekend of the 21st?

weatherwiz

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think maybe things will be a bit farther south? I'm interested in whether something forms near Lk Ontario. The Buffalo sounding is super unstable and not terrible capped. H7 temps around +9c here aren't bad either (compared to +12 tomorrow) so I do see some potential if we can generate something upstream. 

Scatter strong pulse convection now firing near oreographic and Lake/land breeze interface triggers...  Height do start to slip as the afternoon wear on, and there is just a slight 500 to 300mb wind acceleration moving into NW NY after 18z...mainly toward 00z.  

SPC does have the region in a slight...     In fact, there hashed out region almost looks like an outline for a massive derecho - heh

Looks like the beginnings of an MCS over eastern MI getting ready to move over Lake Huron.

I was just looking at that and wondering if that's really our focus for later on...  It appears collocated with the right entrance region of a slight wind acceleration at mid and upper levels I was just mentioning to Ryan.  Could almost envision a bow formulating and overtaking the pulse stuff in NY, but I am not sure it can be that organized much farther E than central NY...

I was just looking at that and wondering if that's really our focus for later on...  It appears collocated with the right entrance region of a slight wind acceleration at mid and upper levels I was just mentioning to Ryan.  Could almost envision a bow formulating and overtaking the pulse stuff in NY, but I am not sure it can be that organized much farther E than central NY...

That would really have to haul to make it here today. It also looks to be on a SE trajectory which would favor western PA/NY and not New England.

That cluster west of Ithaca also has my attention. In particular for SE NY

Heading to work in a minute.  But I think we are looking in the wrong spot.  What the high resolution models are bring through central(& southern) New England this evening forms in north and west of Albany.  

Last few images of radar scans show some stuff popping along the VT/NY border.  This is more likely the area of interesting stuff for us rather than the convection in Michigan or even near Buffalo.

Looks to hit Suckerville, Maine in about 60 minutes. LOL, I had to look that town up to see if it was real.

lol, Someone else mentioned that to, There were a lot of towns back in the day with some strange names, That cell over Casco is interacting with the sea breeze boundary..........

post-1154-0-27998100-1374172865_thumb.pn

Archived