Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July Obs

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the Moles love seeing themselves mention in print...thanks for that!  Unfortunately they seem to be working for the Carolinas now, as I've not seen rain for 3 days, and part of the fourth.  I can say I never saw a 90 in my yard in June, which I can't remember seeing, though I'm sure I have.  But the low rain amounts for a wet month is kind of amazing. It's pouring everywhere, but bypassing my house everyday.

My barometer for heat during a summer since I moved down here from Atl. has been 100's over the 4th of July.  No hundreds over the fourth, then none for the rest of the summer is usually the case.  Looks like I'm going to enjoy a cooler summer than the last few years, but I'll go along with your avatar quote, and hope winter is coming early...as I've already seen all the heat I need for the year :)  T

The first week of July rainfall: 

1st - .27

2nd - .43

3rd - .27

4th - .30

5th - .88

6th - .04 

2.19 for the month and +4.84 above normal for the year. I can't remember the last time everything was this green :wub:

It's to bad the mosquito's can now carry away small children :(  

I was up at the mountain top near Balsam, NC over the last few days to watch the latest upslope event slam into the mountains creating periodic torrents of water cascading down the mountain side.  I estimate approximately 70" of rain has fallen so far this year based on my observations and a nearby Cocorahs station.

Here is a quick pic taken at 6100 feet during the only hour the sun came out the entire time that I spent on the mountain.

post-9361-0-49998000-1373298981_thumb.jp

I was up at the mountain top near Balsam, NC over the last few days to watch the latest upslope event slam into the mountains creating periodic torrents of water cascading down the mountain side.  I estimate approximately 70" of rain has fallen so far this year based on my observations and a nearby Cocorahs station.

Here is a quick pic taken at 6100 feet during the only hour the sun came out the entire time that I spent on the mountain.

Sweet photo. Thats amazing with 70" of rain so far. Seems to be right in line with Mt Mitchell with over 60" so far this year.

How many days has it rained down there lately. It seems like you have been getting something every day

NEWS RAH noted this on Facepage this morning:

Will we hit a record today at GSO? GSO has seen 9 consecutive days of measurable rain, as of yesterday. Any measurable rain at GSO today will tie the record of 10 days, last set in 2000 (Aug. 27-Sep. 5). Check back to see if they hit the record!

Here's my Cocorahs reports.

Note: the two "T" reports on the 6th and 7th were from multiple rain events. so, in reality it was around 0.01-0.02 but the moisture evaporated from the gauge between rainfalls...

post-130-0-92821000-1373380384_thumb.png

NEWS RAH noted this on Facepage this morning:

Will we hit a record today at GSO? GSO has seen 9 consecutive days of measurable rain, as of yesterday. Any measurable rain at GSO today will tie the record of 10 days, last set in 2000 (Aug. 27-Sep. 5). Check back to see if they hit the record!

Here's my Cocorahs reports.

Note: the two "T" reports on the 6th and 7th were from multiple rain events. so, in reality it was around 0.01-0.02 but the moisture evaporated from the gauge between rainfalls...

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Wow that is a huge turn around from last year, werent you in a drought last year at this time?

Archived