Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July Obs

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just thought this was pretty interesting. Remember when we all were astounded when the polar vortex was over Siberia last winter? looks like they are above normal for this year since start of spring. and portions of the united states below. hopefully we can keep this up going into winter :) let me know if i posted in the wrong thread. 

the image below is temp anomalies since start of spring.  

Heat and humidity combined, its going to be the most uncomfortable day of Summer 2013 for North Carolina...dewpoints are running into the low 70's all the way up to the Blue Ridge. Mid 70 dewpoints begin once you drop below the South Mountain Range (McDowell, Burke, Rutherford Counties)

I wouldn't be surprised to see a flash flood warning come out for Surry county. Stationary storm has been pounding them for over an hour and actually looks like it has gotten stronger in the last15 minutes.

I don't know if this is the same storm you are talking about, but I would sure as hell want to be under that beast to the west of Rockingham, NC. Very slow moving severe thunderstorm.

I don't know if this is the same storm you are talking about, but I would sure as hell want to be under that beast to the west of Rockingham, NC. Very slow moving severe thunderstorm.

Not the same one.  That one is already warned.  Surry county is NW NC along the VA border.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a flash flood warning come out for Surry county.  Stationary storm has been pounding them for over an hour and actually looks like it has gotten stronger in the last15 minutes.

I didn't see this until now.  For a while there I thought I was losing my touch. Not a warning but at least I wasn't totally off base.

SURRY NC-

207 PM EDT WED JUL 17 2013

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BLACKSBURG HAS ISSUED A

* URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOOD ADVISORY FOR...

NORTHEASTERN SURRY COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA...

* UNTIL 600 PM EDT

* AT 202 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED HEAVY RAIN DUE TO

THUNDERSTORMS. THIS WILL CAUSE URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOODING IN

THE ADVISORY AREA. UP TO THREE INCHES OF RAIN HAS FALLEN SINCE

NOON.

* SOME LOCATIONS THAT WILL EXPERIENCE MINOR FLOODING INCLUDE

MOUNT AIRY...

AND FLAT ROCK.

ADDITIONAL RAINFALL OF TWO INCHES IS POSSIBLE OVER THE AREA. 

Archived