• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July Obs

CAD_Wedge_NC

Yeah, I know. Metal is not nearly as annoying as that other guy! I often make posts in the obs or banter , because I am not as knowledgeable on model runs and other technical stuff. But when you post everyday that it is 93 with a heat index of 115 , u can kind of cut and paste that all summer for there, just bustin some cahones

Well it is an obs thread. I'll just post rain totals from now on. Lol do you like this idea?

Btw do I know who the guy you are talking about is?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it is an obs thread. I'll just post rain totals from now on. Lol do you like this idea?

Btw do I know who the guy you are talking about is?

. Yes, you probably know the name who should not be spoken!! There is not anything wrong with liking weather! But, unless its record cold or heat , temp obs are not that exciting, so yes, keep your obs to precip totals, and preferably, over an inch! Thanks

keep your obs to precip totals, and preferably, over an inch! Thanks

Picked up 1.53 today. 3 day total 3.81. Ended the month at 7.41. Highest Maximum temperature 97. Lowest Maximum temperature 84. Highest Minimum temperature is 79. Lowest minimum temperature is 72. Strongest wind gust is 47mph. Best storm of the month was the night of July 29th.

Picked up 1.53 today. 3 day total 3.81. Ended the month at 7.41. Highest Maximum temperature 97. Lowest Maximum temperature 84. Highest Minimum temperature is 79. Lowest minimum temperature is 72. Strongest wind gust is 47mph. Best storm of the month was the night of July 29th.

Perfect! One post on last day of month! Keep up the good work ! :)

.2 last night.  Kind of scary as Lol beat me.  Still I had somewhere around 9.5 for July, and I bet that beats Lol's totals.  I'm afraid I'm kind of slack, so it might have been more, but probably not by much.  The U.S. Department of Inclement Weather has stopped accepting my totals, which is embarrassing, but it started when I told them about the Weather Moles, so it might not be completely about my slackness on charting daily totals.

MetalMan, I for one am always excited about your humidity reports, but I feel cheated on your alligator and snake sightings.  Please try to up your game on reptile reporting, for those of us more removed from the equator.  T

Well, there's really only one word to describe July 2013:  WET!!  I managed to pick up another 0.57 inch on the final day of July to push my totals over 16 inches for the month.

Now, to the numbers...

Final July Stats:

Hi Temp:  93.9 F (on 7/17 and 7/18; compare to 102.1 F from 2012)

Lo Temp:  61.9 F (on 7/29)

Mean Temp:  75.0 F (compare to 77.8 F from 2012)

Hi Wind Gust:  12.0 mph (on 7/17)

Total Rainfall:  16.34 in (measured rainfall > 0.01 in on 16 different days; compare to 6.89 in from 2012)

Wettest Day:  7.15 in (on 7/27; that has to be a record)

Rainfall for Year:  52.79 in (Jan - July; compare to 45.31 in for entire 2012)

Well, there's really only one word to describe July 2013: WET!! I managed to pick up another 0.57 inch on the final day of July to push my totals over 16 inches for the month.

Now, to the numbers...

Final July Stats:

Hi Temp: 93.9 F (on 7/17 and 7/18; compare to 102.1 F from 2012)

Lo Temp: 61.9 F (on 7/29)

Mean Temp: 75.0 F (compare to 77.8 F from 2012)

Hi Wind Gust: 12.0 mph (on 7/17)

Total Rainfall: 16.34 in (measured rainfall > 0.01 in on 16 different days; compare to 6.89 in from 2012)

Wettest Day: 7.15 in (on 7/27; that has to be a record)

Rainfall for Year: 52.79 in (Jan - July; compare to 45.31 in for entire 2012)

Lol 12mph??? Out of all that rain you received 12mph was the highest gust?

Lol 12mph??? Out of all that rain you received 12mph was the highest gust?

Well, my wind gust data must always be tempered with a bit of skepticism.  I'm in one of those situations where I must choose between good temperature data or good wind data since both sensors are tied into the same unit.  I decided to go for good temperature data.  Thus, the house tends to block my anemometer on two sides, and I have 50-foot-tall trees very close by in the other two directions.  If I register something over 20 mph you know that there was some serious wind going down!

Archived