• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
July Obs

CAD_Wedge_NC

South Fork river in Gaston County is going to set at least it's 2nd highest crest tonight

Yeah, just got home and looked wxbrad's facebook update...that's some massive flooding going on along the South Fork of the Catawba. The Greer NWS office has been playing catch up on forecasting the crest.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure does Don. Low here was 55.3. Pretty chilly.

My neighbor took this photo above your location at my place high atop the Plott Balsam Mtns yesterday. Waterrock Knob is off to the right obscured in a cloud. The valley area that the pic is looking towards is in the direction of Sylva. The road visible down below is the Blue Ridge Parkway. Cool temps in the 50's/60's are expected to stick around up top all week. It is about about time the sun has come out after more than 70 inches of rain have pounded the mtn top this year. Enjoy!

post-9361-0-15522100-1375101721_thumb.jp

57.9° this am in Weaverville, sure does feel good!

Love it. WE hit 57 and 59 here in Northern VA last week with that cooler air. Last night we dropped to 58* here. Pretty soon you will have frost and the cooler temps to stay. Cant wait to visit when that happens. Enjoy that cool air Don :)

My neighbor took this photo above your location at my place high atop the Plott Balsam Mtns yesterday. Waterrock Knob is off to the right obscured in a cloud. The valley area that the pic is looking towards is in the direction of Sylva. The road visible down below is the Blue Ridge Parkway. Cool temps in the 50's/60's are expected to stick around up top all week. It is about about time the sun has come out after more than 70 inches of rain have pounded the mtn top this year. Enjoy!

Yep I agree. Beautiful area right there. Beautiful hike also. It is nice this late afternoon with temp of 72 degrees. Will we hit the 40s tonight? Maybe, I think we have a shot.

Love it. WE hit 57 and 59 here in Northern VA last week with that cooler air. Last night we dropped to 58* here. Pretty soon you will have frost and the cooler temps to stay. Cant wait to visit when that happens. Enjoy that cool air Don :)

Nice Dave. Enjoy this beautiful weather man. Just unreal for this time of the year.

Thats awesome Met. You should def get into the 40's tonight. Im so jelly of that. We will probably get down to 55 or so tonight.

Enjoy it :)

Thanks Dave. If we do hit the 40s this will be the first time in several years I have seen a low in the 40s in July. It will be a record. I have seen 40s at the end of August but this is a treat. Hope you enjoy Dave; you know it will get sticky again but Fall is right around the corner.

Wow beautiful evening. Current temp down to 66 degrees. I think we have a shot at the 40s.

I need to escape to the mts  ;) 

Thats awesome Met. You should def get into the 40's tonight. Im so jelly of that. We will probably get down to 55 or so tonight.

Enjoy it :)

Currently 82/74 after a nice little storm rolled threw the backyard dropping 1.15" at CAE. This was after reaching an afternoon high of 90. I might be lucky enough to see the low 70's tonight  :P   :lol:  

Thanks Dave! Just a glorious Mnt day today....Highs in the upper 70's to low 80's with very low humidity & DP's. The summer haze really cleaned up today for some incredible views! I am hoping for enough rain on Wed. to push me past 12" for July. (need .62") I am sure you have seen or heard about the crack on the Blue Ridge Parkway.....there is a link below to a updated story. Oh & by the way Dave it's been a rainy year so far but, it really opened up about the time you came to town. So I was thinking maybe you could head this way around New Years & help us with our Snow totals! :mapsnow:

http://www.nps.gov/blri/parknews/parkway-detour.htm

P.S. Here is my forecast @ 2190' for tonight from GSP. The hills are going to get chilly!

Patchy fog after 1am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 55. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.

Archived