Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July Obs

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

78 degrees at 1PM in the middle of July in central NC.  Nowaiz.  

The rain here hasn't been all that bad anymore....end of June/beginning of July it was a daily thing....although we did  pick up 2" on the 9th, it's been mediocre amounts besides that.  Phone buzzes like 6 times a day with different flood advisories/watches/warnings.  We have not picked up our Jult avg rainfall yet, so meh...hopefully it rains some more lol

Dave, I'm getting more rain than Lol, but I'm not proud, as he sets such a low bar :)

I'm up to 5 3/4 for 8 1/2 days now,  a few more good rains  and I could get an inch a day average, which would be pleasing.

What a glorious summer so far.  No severe heat,  rain, very little sun. I mean, how many July 13ths have had no sun as of 1pm?  It would be near perfect if it wasn't for the 300 % humidity...well, and highs in the 40's would make it more perfect...but for mid July it is super crunchy, just like it is, lol.  T

My lowest precip chances in quite a while coming up according the my NWS forecast.  50% today, 30% tonight, 20% through Monday night and no mention from then on. 

0.01 so far since midnight,  lol

2.64 for the month

26.52 for the year.

I am among the lowest totals I've seen.  Still more than wet enough though.

Serious rainfall underway in Hollywood, Fl and Fort Lauderdale. Average Monthly rainfall is a little under 8 inches for the area, but we have exceeded in 5 inches in the last hour. Rain Gauge has picked up 5.48" Flood Warning will be needed based on radar trends.

5.48 in an hour? Good grief. We had about 2 inches in an hour yesterday and there was runoff everywhere. People's yards looked like ponds. I can't imagine what 5 inches in an hour would be like.

0.24" maybe the last day of rain for a few days?

Another .40" yesterday. Stayed too wet to mow. Maybe things will dry out some today with this NE breeze. If one was to believe the 00z GFS via MeteoStar, we get a week's reprieve, then it's locked and loaded for another 3.68" from 7/22-7/30.

0.16 inch of rain since midnight.  Yesterday's heavy rains didn't materialize in the western part of NC.  The persistent cloud cover served to keep instability quite low; thus, minimal rainfall was recorded.  Hopefully, a few of the wetter locations got a little bit of much needed drying time.  Atmosphere is quite moist this morning, though.  Showers once again popping up in abundance.

.3 yesterday.  Up to 6.1 for July now after a slow start when the big wet started up in earnest.

Cman, send those up this way when ya'll are finished.  I still have only the one 90.3 for the summer, and that's too many.  Today I'm seeing lots of sun, but it's still only 82 at 2pm.  I hope this new summer weather pattern sticks around for at least 25 years...don't care if I never see another drought.  T

.3 yesterday.  Up to 6.1 for July now after a slow start when the big wet started up in earnest.

Cman, send those up this way when ya'll are finished.  I still have only the one 90.3 for the summer, and that's too many.  Today I'm seeing lots of sun, but it's still only 82 at 2pm.  I hope this new summer weather pattern sticks around for at least 25 years...don't care if I never see another drought.  T

Awesome! You have had more rain than this area, no 90's so far!

Awesome! You have had more rain than this area, no 90's so far!

I'm surprised Rosie!.  I thought you were washing away girl :)  This whole pattern sure is hit and miss, but it beats the heck out of all those years of just miss :)  Tony

Edit: here it is mid July and the sun is out, yet the temps have fallen.  It's now 80.7 on the one working receiver. 

I'm surprised Rosie!. I thought you were washing away girl :) This whole pattern sure is hit and miss, but it beats the heck out of all those years of just miss :) Tony

Edit: here it is mid July and the sun is out, yet the temps have fallen. It's now 80.7 on the one working receiver.

We were in the 70s and low 80s here much of the day, now the sun is out and the temp has jumped up to 91/102. We also had a dewpoint of 80 earlier.

Only 0.06 today. Puts us at 1.63 for the month (my backyard). Just a little north directly in the town, 5.06 inches have fallen this month.

Archived