• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
CWG SUMMER OUTLOOK

Deck Pic

I saw a post recently by CWG that hinted that the summer may be warmer than originally thought (What could go wrong). Are you getting worried about the summer forecast busting low yet?

worried about June...my personal outlook may work out better...kind of silly I did 2 outlooks, though they are similar...

Models bring back the heat next weekend...

I saw a post recently by CWG that hinted that the summer may be warmer than originally thought (What could go wrong). Are you getting worried about the summer forecast busting low yet?

I think that was mainly because Rick had done his own research so Jason wanted to give him a chance to publish it....and he my very well be right...I think had we collaborated, it wouldn't have been released, but I dont really see the point in collaborating on seasonal outlooks...you just get something that is washed out....it is too much art and too little science...

I am always worried about a hot summer...I've been worried from the second I released my outlook...but I stand by it....

I haven't been paying too much attention to the lr lately but the last 2 gfs runs keep any kind of ec baking ridge axis too far west for us to sizzle much if at all. Texas is gonna be blazing it appears but we will remain seasonable throughout the next 2 weeks if the progged h5 idea is right.

Zywts is off the hook for now. I was worried about a hot june too. Not because it might bust the forecast. Because I fooking hate persistent aob temps in the jja time frame.

No signs so far of torridness of last 3 summers and analog events transpired so far support same.

the problem for me is building up these early +departures without a heat wave....i really need a super legit air mass that gives us 3 days of 76-79/56-59 or some sort of dank onshore flow....the upcoming pattern is very summery/tropical and a slightly warmer than normal one...it would be a lot more helpful to get something like this in late June and maybe we will..the good thing is avoiding a slew of +10's when our norms are still spring like....of course anything that isnt 90 is fine with me,....and I think you are correct that this isnt going to be the kind of summer we saw the last 3...

Through the 11th, the high temperatures at DCA are dead-on average (897 total degrees average and actual).  You just need to stop forecasting total departures, since the lows are so messy at this point.

I account for that when I do the outlook, so I have no excuse...I make a sizable DCA UHI, Persistence, Mins, Modern Era, etc adjustment, and slightly mitigate it based on the newer norms...

It's not the nightime lows around 70 that can roast us in June but rather the highs well into the 90's.  This June is nothing like recent ones.  DCA was almost a cattle pasture in the 40's/50's and into the 60's, the nightime mins observed there in the warm months over last 1-30 years are utterly incomparable to back then but they make great warming fodder to exclaim "Nationas Capitol nightime temps are 5-7 degrees warmer than they used to be"  Hel*, just line the entire DCA property with charcoal embers  and still toe the line "It is an accurate capture of the temperatures that are actually occurring there"

It's not the nightime lows around 70 that can roast us in June but rather the highs well into the 90's.  This June is nothing like recent ones.  DCA was almost a cattle pasture in the 40's/50's and into the 60's, the nightime mins observed there in the warm months over last 1-30 years are utterly incomparable to back then but they make great warming fodder to exclaim "Nationas Capitol nightime temps are 5-7 degrees warmer than they used to be"  Hel*, just line the entire DCA property with charcoal embers  and still toe the line "It is an accurate capture of the temperatures that are actually occurring there"

Last June was cool right to the end, and then torched

I agree with you about this June though in terms of there not being super heat so far...my issue is in terms of the outlook...we are still +2 and it is gathering steam and hard to erode...I am lucky to be avoiding the big heat when norms are this low...but it will still take some -4's to get back near normal....biggest wildcard is 6/20-30 when the norms are much higher..some 80-85 degree days there can do some damage...But I am without excuse when it comes to these seasonal outlooks...I make substantial adjustments for DCA...

Archived