joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Memorial Day Weekend Coastal/Snow

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coles Pond already looks like it's getting that nice coating It's coming.

Hopefully we can see the precipitation congeal into a move solid band... I think that would really help.  Its still pretty steady but the heavier echos are like spotty cells rotating in.

If we see this consolidate into a larger heavier deform band than it might be really nice for 1,500ft and higher.

May25_1230pm.gif

Yeah definitely starting to snow there at 2,400ft.  That's a good sign.

Bad sign for Killington is the chairlift running and absolutely no one riding or skiing.  Looks pretty bleak.

And it's free today!

But seriously who would ski in 35F and rain on May 25 snow conditions on Superstar? 

Hopefully we can see the precipitation congeal into a move solid band... I think that would really help.  Its still pretty steady but the heavier echos are like spotty cells rotating in.

If we see this consolidate into a larger heavier deform band than it might be really nice for 1,500ft and higher.

May25_1230pm.gif

May25_1230pm.gif

It looks like it's slowly getting a more smoothed out look. The DS will get close which was a concern I had to getting heavier snow, but it may stay just east of the spine. The reason why the DS would be a concern is because you want good snow growth above the upslope layer. Depending on upslope will not cut it...but it sure helps in aiding snow growth and also lowering the snow levels...as you obviously know about. We'll see....give it a chance..I still like the look of this overall..esp above 2k and I don't see why 1500' can't get some action. 

And it's free today!

But seriously who would ski in 35F and rain on May 25 snow conditions on Superstar? 

Who would ski in 35F and rain mid-winter for that matter?  

But if they can pull a couple sloppy inches tonight... just enough to bridge some of those gaps at least... I'd head up early tomorrow.  It's not like there are many better outdoor options.

Plenty of people I guess as the webcam just showed 11 skiers/boarders decending the lower part of the run that has very limited snowcover.

That's pretty meager for running a lift.  When I think of "plenty" of people I think of like a few hundred like they do on a sunny weekend with just superstar open.

White Face  124257.jpg

Yeah Whiteface's auto road has an extra 800 verts on Mansfield's... that is probably making a huge difference this morning with 28-27F at Whiteface (4,800ft) and 31-32F at 4,000ft on Mansfield.

Though I just saw Mansfield has just put in the first 29F observation so its falling up there, too.  That's probably what is allowing snowflakes to get down to 2000ft now.

I'd like to see them fall to 27F or so to start thinking about snow down to 1,500ft.

1PM Temps:

4,000ft...29F

MPV (1,200ft)...39/37

MVL (730ft)...41/39

I think the NAM valid 18z may bust warm. 

Archived