e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Spring in New Jersey, New York and Connecticut Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why rush the warmth? Near average with sunny skies is amazing for late April.

We'll probably start to bake in a month to a month and a half so ill gladly enjoy the comfortable conditions.

Great time of year to live in New Jersey the South wind is crushing us here with fog and high 40's not a good look!

Don't get me wrong, I love Spring but nothing gets me more excited then tracking a bit east coast snow storm. It's like a two week event and then when it shifts 100 miles SE inside of 24 hours you think about all the hours you wasted glued to the models lol. No matter how many times you get screwed over, you keep coming back again and again like a sickness.

I also find tracking tropical weather exciting as well, even if we aren't in the direct path, and of course the last two years have been quite the exception to say the least. 3 years in a row with an east coast hit incoming?

I agree with you.Winter is my favorite season because of  the model tracking.

I agree with you.Winter is my favorite season because of  the model tracking.

I actually love hurricane season a bit more than winter to be honest. Another active year coming up with the possibility of more east coast activity is incredibly intriguing and I think more people living on the east coast and especially the mid-atlantic and northeast will pay much closer attention to it. 

I actually love hurricane season a bit more than winter to be honest. Another active year coming up with the possibility of more east coast activity is incredibly intriguing and I think more people living on the east coast and especially the mid-atlantic and northeast will pay much closer attention to it. 

After Sandy, I'm done with hurricanes/hurricane season. Most of the people who rave about it don't have their lives in the zones that would be devastated by a landfalling storm.

That's not warm.  That's perfect.  60s is kinda coolish.

Full sun and 65F in late April feels more like 75F, especially if the wind isn't too strong, it's pretty warm. 75F and full sun can feel like almost 90 and sweating starts to occur. I prefer a cool breeze with strong sun.

Looking at the Euro, it looks like there will be plenty of opportunity for chilly, marine-layer dominated weather with the troughiness and eventually cutting off low east of us over the Atlantic. Those are known for socking us in with raw, nasty weather this time of year, unfortunately. And it persists right through to the end of the run.

Looking at the Euro, it looks like there will be plenty of opportunity for chilly, marine-layer dominated weather with the troughiness and eventually cutting off low east of us over the Atlantic. Those are known for socking us in with raw, nasty weather this time of year, unfortunately. And it persists right through to the end of the run.

Yeah Tues-Fri of next week could potentially be brutal w/ a strong sfc high near Newfoundland. I'm putting out a misery watch for days of NELY flow and fog/mist. First week of May might begin on a dreary note.

2vspzbc.gif

Yeah Tues-Fri of next week could potentially be brutal w/ a strong sfc high near Newfoundland. I'm putting out a misery watch for days of NELY flow and fog/mist. First week of May might begin on a dreary note.

2vspzbc.gif

Yikes, that's about as miserable as it gets for our area this time of year. Hopefully this upper low-dominated pattern breaks down in future runs.

After Sandy, I'm done with hurricanes/hurricane season. Most of the people who rave about it don't have their lives in the zones that would be devastated by a landfalling storm.

...i totally agree with this.i hope we never see another one..

i'll be rooting hard for a pattern thats not conducive to east coast 'canes

this summer.

I actually love hurricane season a bit more than winter to be honest. Another active year coming up with the possibility of more east coast a

ctivity is incredibly intriguing and I think more people living on the east coast and especially the mid-atlantic and northeast will pay much

closer attention to it.

The last 2 years really got me into tracking tropical storms.

@ 850pm it was 51 and windy at Randalls Island 

@ 950pm here in Middletown it was 65 with calm winds smh..  

Yesterday was an amazing contrast between the coast and the city/just inland. I left Midtown at 6pm and it was nice and in the 60s, partly sunny. I got home to Long Beach at around 7pm and it was raw, nasty, and foggy under the marine layer with a stiff southerly wind. Only 20-25 miles apart and yet completely different conditions. It's often a long, painful struggle in the spring along the immediate coast to get anywhere near nice conditions.

Next week's pattern looks like one of those cool east, warm inland like patterns. Could easily see highs stuck in the 50s near the coast while those further west get to 70F. 

It doesn't look quite as dramatic as the last BDCF yet on medium range guidance...but east of the city definitely looks to have trouble warming up once again.

This could be a 7+ day stretch of beautiful 65-70 degree weather for New Jersey.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/DGEXEAST_6z/f180.gif

It doesn't look quite as dramatic as the last BDCF yet on medium range guidance...but east of the city definitely looks to have trouble warming up once again.

This could be a 7+ day stretch of beautiful 65-70 degree weather for New Jersey.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/DGEXEAST_6z/f180.gif

It does look very nice in nj, very dry too, I wouldn't mind having a bit of rain as its been rather dry

lately.

Yesterday was an amazing contrast between the coast and the city/just inland. I left Midtown at 6pm and it was nice and in the 60s, partly sunny. I got home to Long Beach at around 7pm and it was raw, nasty, and foggy under the marine layer with a stiff southerly wind. Only 20-25 miles apart and yet completely different conditions. It's often a long, painful struggle in the spring along the immediate coast to get anywhere near nice conditions.

There was a pretty sharp contrast even from the city to Queens. Was pleasant in the city, yet when I got out of the subway, almost froze waiting for the bus. Winds in the city were calm, yet it was like a nonwavering 20mph breeze in jamaica.

There was a pretty sharp contrast even from the city to Queens. Was pleasant in the city, yet when I got out of the subway, almost froze waiting for the bus. Winds in the city were calm, yet it was like a nonwavering 20mph breeze in jamaica.

It was like that in downtown Manhattan as well.  Was down there around 5pm and it turned sharply colder.  Went back to midtown around 9-ish and it was still much nicer.  Go figure.

Yeah another week with no rain and the pollen count is going to be sky high

Yea that's going to be rough on those with allergies because all that pollen just lingers.

These next several days are like living in So California, pleasant and nice but incredibly boring from a meteorological standpoint.

This time of year is both good because of the pleasant conditions but bad because its beyond mundane, far removed from winter yet far away from hurricane season/severe weather season.

Beautiful day here. Can't wait for the possible week long stretch with this type of weather.

I'd be really careful about playing your luck with a cutoff low and trough east of here. Even though you might not be socked in fog and the marine layer so bad where you are, it still won't be great weather with a NE wind and temps probably in the 50s. I doubt many people get to 65-70 with a regime like that around here.

Archived