northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
April Banter Thread

metalicwx366

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xbox LIVE servers are less laggy and provides more security...but it does come with a steeper price.

Wilkes,

Your current fruity icon is much healthier looking than the can of spaghetti and meatballs. Michael Bloomberg would be impressed. If only your actual diet reflected that. :(

Wilkes,

Your current fruity icon is much healthier looking than the can of spaghetti and meatballs. Michael Bloomberg would be impressed. If only your actual diet reflected that. :(

I don't eat out more than twice a week...which is still probably too much. I drink mostly water and keep fruit cups in the fridge. 

I don't eat out more than twice a week...which is still probably too much. I drink mostly water and keep fruit cups in the fridge. 

I can't tell if you're trolling here. Fruit cups are terrible...filled with sugar in the syrup. Fruit has natural sugar, so it doesn't need anymore. Even canned fruit isn't "good" for you. Do fresh produce, that's better. It doesn't take long to cut an apple, buy some grapes, and put it in tupperware, there you have it, fruit cups. As a future health professional, I must intervene.

I can't tell if you're trolling here. Fruit cups are terrible...filled with sugar in the syrup. Fruit has natural sugar, so it doesn't need anymore. Even canned fruit isn't "good" for you. Do fresh produce, that's better. It doesn't take long to cut an apple, buy some grapes, and put it in tupperware, there you have it, fruit cups. As a future health professional, I must intervene.

Yea I did notice sugar was in the first three ingredients...they still keep me hydrated and probably better than Doritos tho. I am not too picky on what I eat because I only weigh around 160. I need to start working out tho and gain some muscle!

Quick question for those in NC who might know...

Can I teach a college class with a Bachelor's degree or do I need something higher and other requirements? I know Calculous probably knows but he is not online.

You usually need something higher, a masters or most likely, a PhD. I have yet to meet a college professor with just a B.A. or a B.S., unless they're an old timer and have been around for a long while.

You can, however, teach high school with a bachelors degree. First, you have to get your teaching license though, and then probably start in a rural or low income area first where teachers are high in demand.

Getting a job as a professor (or teacher) ain't easy. One option you could always do is while pursuing a masters, you can teach undergraduate labs...so like phsyics, chemistry, whatever you do. You get paid probably around $10/hr for that. You can also teach labs as an undergraduate, if you know your stuff.

You usually need something higher, a masters or most likely, a PhD. I have yet to meet a college professor with just a B.A. or a B.S., unless they're an old timer and have been around for a long while.

You can, however, teach high school with a bachelors degree. First, you have to get your teaching license though, and then probably start in a rural or low income area first where teachers are high in demand.

Okay that is what I sorta of thought. I would like to teach Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, and Outlook classes. Would either be through Wilkes County Schools or Wilkes Community College. The only person I know of with a PhD around here is the President of the college who makes over $300,000 and gets his own house plus other benefits. 

I cringe at the thought of Wilkes teaching kids! Anybody else?

I certainly wouldn't be worried if he's teaching them nutrition. He seems to have a lot of knowledge in this field and he seems to always be willing to teach us here. I think nutrition is his true passion. How many other posters have had not one, but two icons with different foods? I rest my case.

I certainly wouldn't be worried if he's teaching them nutrition. He seems to have a lot of knowledge in this field and he seems to always be willing to teach us here. I think nutrition is his true passion. How many other posters have had not one, but two icons with different foods? I rest my case.

You know Larry is still glowing from the way he called March - look at all the sarcastic poetry he has been laying forth.  That just beams of "good mood".  You're speaking my language Larry.

Guys I had a random thought last night when trying to sleep...I took a few notes so I would not forget this one.

1.) Earth has a set amount of water.

2.) The population of humans have rapidly increased.

3.) Less water is now available in the water system since humans have some in them.

4.) This could cause climate change driven by humans.

Guys I had a random thought last night when trying to sleep...I took a few notes so I would not forget this one.

1.) Earth has a set amount of water.

2.) The population of humans have rapidly increased.

3.) Less water is now available in the water system since humans have some in them.

4.) This could cause climate change driven by humans.

You should ask NOAA about this one. You may get some money for a study.

Archived