joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter Thread

metalicwx366

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have some sad news to report today.  NGaWxNerd died on Monday April 22nd. She hadn't posted in a couple of days and that was not like her, so I went to her fb page yesterday to check on her. While I do not know the intimate details of the why's, her family posted this on her page yesterday....

She will be missed   :(

I'm stunned...

NGaWxNerd was really a great poster on here for the short time that she had become so active.  I enjoyed her wit and joie de vivre.  She had a great knack for understanding the young bucks and keeping them in line.  I'll remember her fondly.

As a personal note of reflection, this is a weird experience.  I don't know any of you personally, not having met any of you face to face (that I know of, anyway).  And, yet, I feel a member of some sort of club/family/group where we share a common love of the weather.  We each have our own idiosyncracies, and I have acquired a sense of the personality/character/essence of many of you since I've been frequenting this weather board for over two years now.  NGaWxNerd was no different.  I had grown to enjoy "hanging out" with her on this site, and now she's gone.  It's eerie.  Please don't misunderstand me:  by no means am I comparing my loss to that of her family.  She was definitely too young, and I can't begin to imagine how her kids are coping with this.  It's so sad...

I've gathered a few of NGaWxNerd's posts that I thought were particularly compelling.  I think these are just a few that demonstrate her personality:

Her last post:

OT,kinda- A couple of weeks ago I busted my son (13) paddling his kayak to the island using his PFD as a back rest..not on his person. At that time the lake temps were in the high 40's low 50's. I did the crazy Mom Rant down at the dock explaining to him I did not want to be THAT Mom on the news crying as the DNR drug the lake for his lifeless body. I really wanted to push his little butt in shallow water at the time so he could feel how shocking and deadly cold water could be , but there were too many witnesses. He was duly grounded for a while instead. Last night he went out fishing in said kayak, and as a winds came out of no where, leaning to get a lure he dumped. As he stood in the doorway cold,scared and soaking, apologizing for ruining a cell phone, I was happy. Happy he had on his PFD, happy to have my boy!!!

Mom knows best-wear your Damn Vest!!!!! Even if you're a adult or an Olympic swimmer sh** happens our lakes and rivers, don't make your Mom cry.

This has been a PSA from Mom.

Regarding the USA soccer match played in driving snow:   :snowwindow:

I don't give 2 spits about sports but I watched 45 minutes of SOCCER last night and enjoyed every minute. I am a snow weenie.

Missing the storms:   :clap:

I'm going to channel Brick for a minute....NEGa wedge can kiss my grits. Never cold enough for snow yet strong enough to hold back stormy weather. Boring!!!

Truly a weather nerd:   :nerdsmiley:

I'm covering all my bases tonight. Radar and model watching in 2 windows, swimsuit shopping in another. Snowflakes or boating either way I'm planning on escaping from the kitchen soon.

Banter on, with attitude:   :clap:

All of the banter about banter is making me thirsty for a highball. Whomever is the whiney butt running to tell Mom that they don't want to read about basketball stuff needs to take a chill pill. "March Banter Thread" that is the title, we have great chats about silly stuff in here all the time and if I'm not mistaken Basketball is almost over for the year and I have certainly learned to use my scroll feature to get through posts about it.

I'm here for the entertainment and even the LOL's and Sketti-o's make me chuckle.

So, group hug and I want to be in the middle and let's put an end to this and agree to irritate each other from time to time posting stupid sh**.

And, balls:   :lol:

The dog just ran upstairs to hide under the bed with the first clap of thunder. Storms are a brewin' and I should get dinner done before an idiot takes out a power pole and renders me helpless. Half cooked fried chicken will not go over well with this hungry crew.

and....Balls.

Referencing we know who:   ;)

You know this is not Facebook, right?

We don't care if you bought a Coke Zero at the store today...unless... it was in the middle of a hail storm with thunder snow.

Yes, quite the resourceful lady:   :)

I am quite resourceful, I once made a torch from a chunk of my t-shirt, bug spray and a magnesium stick to see my way out of  a fishin' hole I couldn't bare to leave before dark. Mossy Creek, Cherokee Lake TN.

So yes I would set my shirt on fire to survive if I had too. :arrrg:

She will be missed...

Really a magniude 2.8? No one is gonna fell that. The title from that link is misleading because when I read, I thought it was saying he survived a jump from the top of the empire state building to the bottom. Lame since he actually only went one floor.

No one is going to feel it? Tell that to the people in West, TX. The town where the fertilizer plant exploded. That explosion registered 2.3 . I think alot of people felt that!

The title from that link is misleading because when I read, I thought it was saying he survived a jump from the top of the empire state building to the bottom. Lame since he actually only went one floor.

Well yea! The idiot tried to kill himself by jumping off the building, you would think you would make sure you were going to actually miss the building before you jumped. 

Really a magniude 2.8? No one is gonna fell that. The title from that link is misleading because when I read, I thought it was saying he survived a jump from the top of the empire state building to the bottom. Lame since he actually only went one floor. No one is going to feel it? Tell that to the people in West, TX. The town where the fertilizer plant exploded. That explosion registered 2.3 . I think alot of people felt that!

Most people felt the shock wave not the actual ground movement. A 2.8is very weak and with any sort of depth it will play out. That said, the ground in South Georgia is very conductive to long-range effect quakes. In other words, a 2.8 will be felt over a much larger area here than it would be out west.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

Sad news with George Jones passing today. He was a country music legend that used to be married to my Dad's 1st cousin, Tammy Wynette. He was very good to all of my family and took great care of my great grandparents. Although he is known much for his drinking and wild ways, he was indeed a very good man in a lot of other ways. RIP Mr. Jones. "He stopped loving her today....."

Sad news with George Jones passing today. He was a country music legend that used to be married to my Dad's 1st cousin, Tammy Wynette. He was very good to all of my family and took great care of my great grandparents. Although he is known much for his drinking and wild ways, he was indeed a very good man in a lot of other ways. RIP Mr. Jones. "He stopped loving her today....."

It, indeed, is a small world. What a wild life George Jones had (though he still had a fairly long life) and what a talent! May he rest in peace.

My sister was best friends with Tammy Wynette's daughter and still stays in touch.

This song was playing on the radio yesterday, bringing back many memories as it always does. I've been to several of his concerts and while half of them were often delayed (no show Jones :lol:  )  It was ALWAYS worth the wait :wub:  He will be missed  :(  

Jackie, Gwen, Tina or Georgette?

I just emailed my sister to find out. They became friends in high school (my sister is now 52) but I was already at college when all of that was going on. 

I was raised in Nashville and actually go to meet many of the country music people from way back. 

I worked at a grocery store in the Green Hills area called the Green Hills Market I think. I use to carry groceries out for people like Minnie Pearl etc. I dated Ray Stevens daughter for a short time, had breakfast with Jerry Reed at the Pancake House down near Music Row, and shot guns (I was only 12) with Faron Young. Eddie Arnold had his houseboat docked next to my dads on Old Hickory Lake.

It was a different time back then. 

Response from my sister:

Gwen was my age and Jackie was just a year younger so we all hung out together!  Nothing better than a bunch of 13 year olds with NO parental supervision what so ever!!!!  LOL  We were wild as ****!!!!  They had that huge house with lots of land and access to cars, money, alcohol etc!!!!  Good times!!! HA HA  The other two daughters were several years younger.  Now only the youngest, Georgette was both Tammy's and George's.  He adopted the other three when he married Tammy!!!  F-ing soap opera for sure!!!  He was a hoot though when he was home.  He loved kids and he loved messing with us!!!  Never saw him without a beer in his hand no matter the time of day!!!! 

Response from my sister:

Gwen was my age and Jackie was just a year younger so we all hung out together!  Nothing better than a bunch of 13 year olds with NO parental supervision what so ever!!!!  LOL  We were wild as ****!!!!  They had that huge house with lots of land and access to cars, money, alcohol etc!!!!  Good times!!! HA HA  The other two daughters were several years younger.  Now only the youngest, Georgette was both Tammy's and George's.  He adopted the other three when he married Tammy!!!  F-ing soap opera for sure!!!  He was a hoot though when he was home.  He loved kids and he loved messing with us!!!  Never saw him without a beer in his hand no matter the time of day!!!! 

Small world indeed. You must have lived in the Franklin Rd. area? We have lost touch over the years. Last I heard, Jackie was in the Denver area and Tina was in the Atlanta area working as a nurse. I know Georgette went on the road and sang with her dad some. The soap opera was indeed part of Tammy's life and gave her the inspiration for a lot of her music she wrote. The dad to the three oldest daughters was a guy by the name of Euple Byrd. He was one sorry dog. My Grandfather was the Chief Engineer at WBRC TV in Birmingham when the girls were little and he got Tammy on the "Country Boy Eddie Show" which was an early morning show that came on before the morning news. Nashville agent Billy Sherrill discovered her on that show and as they say, the rest is history....and so was Euple. LOL! 

Anyway, as I had mentioned, George was so good to my Great Grandparents and was always kind to us. He will be missed!

Yes, actually Hillsboro Road (which turns in to Franklin Road), I went to Hillsboro High School. We lived off of a road called Golf Club Lane.

On the way home I was thinking about all of the people from back then. One of my best friends in high school was Alan Stoker. Alan is the Country Music Hall of Fame's Recorded Sound and Moving Image curator and his dad was Gordon Stoker, one of The Jordanaires, Elvis's backup singers. 

Here's one of Alan's interviews. 

Archived