12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
April Banter Thread

metalicwx366

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember there were a ton of folks saying happy birthday to each other last year in the April banter thread. There were quite a few this month. Now everyone is dead.

Not dead, but I have to admit with each new birthday, I get sorrier and sorrier.  Another few years and I'll be so beyond worthless, I might seem  like the breathing dead, lol.  T

FOX8 is High Point is getting worse and worse.  Confusing reporting of stories and stumbling on air deliveries give an amateur hour atmosphere to their broadcasts.  

However, it is their graphics department that sets new standards of incompetence.  There are daily errors and have been for more than a year.  Here are a few just from tonight's 6pm newscast.

Camp Lejune

School looses standardized tests.

and my personal favorite due to the joke potential

Cob scouts may admit openly gay members

Winter Storm Y next year is going to crush NC.  I can feel it.  The Weather Channel told me so.

I am a believer in the redneck name theory that states that only storms with country sounding names can hit NC

Bertha, Fran, Floyd, Irene, Bonnie, etc....looking at the 2013 list I dont see any immediate threats but 2014 looks troublesome with Bertha, Fay and Nana ( Nana is a sure bet). 

I am a believer in the redneck name theory that states that only storms with country sounding names can hit NC

Bertha, Fran, Floyd, Irene, Bonnie, etc....looking at the 2013 list I dont see any immediate threats but 2014 looks troublesome with Bertha, Fay and Nana ( Nana is a sure bet). 

We need to have the first storm named Annular.  That way we can get all the, "Is that Annular?" questions out of the way early.

Picture it.

Weenie: Is that thing annular"

Met: Yep, that's Annular.  

Weenie: WOW!!!  Has there ever been an annular tropical storm before?

Met: No, this is the first year for Annular.

Weenie: WOW!!  A record setter!!!   Wait til I tell all my Facebook friends.

Met: (Sobbing sounds)

We need to have the first storm named Annular. That way we can get all the, "Is that Annular?" questions out of the way early.

Picture it.

Weenie: Is that thing annular"

Met: Yep, that's Annular.

Weenie: WOW!!! Has there ever been an annular tropical storm before?

Met: No, this is the first year for Annular.

Weenie: WOW!! A record setter!!! Wait til I tell all my Facebook friends.

Met: (Sobbing sounds)

Oh my god lo ****ing l.

Damn, damn, damn.  I tore my damn car up on I-85. Full truck tire, including rim, lying in the center lane. Guy in front of me swerved at the last second and there it was. Pretty exciting there for a minute as I got sideways heading for the right guardrail. Managed to straighten it out with about 1 or 2 feet to spare and run down the shoulder. I never touched the brake but I sure steered like a wild man.  My wife did pound on the invisible brake on her side.

Had to have it towed because the impact knocked the left front tire into a position it really shouldn't be able to attain. Looks like some pretty significant suspension damage. Now the insurance dance begins. Ugh

Damn damn damn. Glad y'all are safe. 

Archived