• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
April Banter Thread

metalicwx366

Lol.....Greg, one of my favorites is the ant poison that got repackaged when they found out humans thought it made stuff taste sweeter :)  Now it's in all kinds of foods.  And maybe that's why my gizzard is ant free, and has been for years.  How would I know? I just know I try to stay away from diet stuff.  Whole fat, and sugar...that's for me!!

I do occasionally get wasps in my brain though :)  Tony

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TWC is a mess Day 2 severe weather outbreak? Horrific storms really? It should say horrific flooding or something.

They are all hype these days.  This afternoon they led a segment with, "30 million in the path of severe weather".  I guess they take the total population of any state that has a watch or warning, add them up and bingo, millions could die.

They are all hype these days. This afternoon they led a segment with, "30 million in the path of severe weather". I guess they take the total population of any state that has a watch or warning, add them up and bingo, millions could die.

Yep! And yesterday morning on AL roker, he said "strong superstorm thunderstorms" I nearly fell out when I heard that. There was only two damn tornadoes in a busted moderate risk area. On moderate risk days you would expect 400+ reports. Same with the BS today. It was not that serious. Good thing no one died. Last week when they said a week of deadly weather, that wasn't even said during 4/27.

Lol.....Greg, one of my favorites is the ant poison that got repackaged when they found out humans thought it made stuff taste sweeter :)  Now it's in all kinds of foods.  And maybe that's why my gizzard is ant free, and has been for years.  How would I know? I just know I try to stay away from diet stuff.  Whole fat, and sugar...that's for me!!

I do occasionally get wasps in my brain though :)  Tony

Well, since it's not sugar, I am certainly safe! LOL!

They are all hype these days.  This afternoon they led a segment with, "30 million in the path of severe weather".  I guess they take the total population of any state that has a watch or warning, add them up and bingo, millions could die.

I'm surprised I'm not under a heavy rain warning, and to go into the basement immediately as I might get wet.  It's pouring out there, but they are so transfixed on the tv with Boston, they haven't broken into the programming once to warm me of impending rain.  Heck, I could get an inch of rain if this keeps up!   I'd be frightened if I wasn't so tough...plus they haven't terrified me with cut aways of the clouds containing the offending rains :)  Tony

Busy with college work. 

Multiple meteorological PDF theories underwork.

- healing skies

- thunderstorm development above leafy/moist trees

- and more

I've concluded that it must be a schtick - no one can be that blind to the overwhelming irritation....can they?  

Damn, damn, damn.  I tore my damn car up on I-85. Full truck tire, including rim, lying in the center lane. Guy in front of me swerved at the last second and there it was. Pretty exciting there for a minute as I got sideways heading for the right guardrail. Managed to straighten it out with about 1 or 2 feet to spare and run down the shoulder. I never touched the brake but I sure steered like a wild man.  My wife did pound on the invisible brake on her side.

Had to have it towed because the impact knocked the left front tire into a position it really shouldn't be able to attain. Looks like some pretty significant suspension damage. Now the insurance dance begins. Ugh

Damn, damn, damn. I tore my damn car up on I-85. Full truck tire, including rim, lying in the center lane. Guy in front of me swerved at the last second and there it was. Pretty exciting there for a minute as I got sideways heading for the right guardrail. Managed to straighten it out with about 1 or 2 feet to spare and run down the shoulder. I never touched the brake but I sure steered like a wild man. My wife did pound on the invisible brake on her side.

Had to have it towed because the impact knocked the left front tire into a position it really shouldn't be able to attain. Looks like some pretty significant suspension damage. Now the insurance dance begins. Ugh

Sorry man. That sucks. I nearly got sideways on 40 once in my 1976 Chrysler Cordoba attempting to avoid a box. It was night and my headlights were angled down too low. As soon as it was in the beam, I was on top of it. I cut hard right, swerved, cut back left, swerved some more, and I finally got her straightened back up. Didn't lose any speed. Actually gained some speed with my heart rate. Anyway, I was lucky. Hope everything works out ok.

Sorry man. That sucks. I nearly got sideways on 40 once in my 1976 Chrysler Cordoba attempting to avoid a box. It was night and my headlights were angled down too low. As soon as it was in the beam, I was on top of it. I cut hard right, swerved, cut back left, swerved some more, and I finally got her straightened back up. Didn't lose any speed. Actually gained some speed with my heart rate. Anyway, I was lucky. Hope everything works out ok.

I will work out.  I had the cruise set on 72.  Pretty good jolt.  Knocked the transmission into neutral which makes me wonder how much hidden damage there may be.  Pretty obvious some struts and tie rods need to be replaced.  

Archived