• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
April Banter Thread

metalicwx366

I also have a theory based on leafage and the development of severe thunderstorms. Forests here in Wilkes that are ripe green and moist seem to cause daily storms overhead. But if not, then storms are driven by just cold fronts or tropical systems and like etc on an infrequent basis.

It's called transpiration... and spring vs summer.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys I had a random thought last night when trying to sleep...I took a few notes so I would not forget this one.

1.) Earth has a set amount of water.

2.) The population of humans have rapidly increased.

3.) Less water is now available in the water system since humans have some in them.

4.) This could cause climate change driven by humans.

I purpose that you may be suffering from an acute case of nitrate poisoning (given your diet). Your random brain farts are extreme cause for concern. But please don't self medicate, but seek professional help soon.

Guys I had a random thought last night when trying to sleep...I took a few notes so I would not forget this one.

1.) Earth has a set amount of water.

2.) The population of humans have rapidly increased.

3.) Less water is now available in the water system since humans have some in them.

4.) This could cause climate change driven by humans.

You got me curious too.  Let's do the math:

The average human contains ~10 gallons of water in them (adult male slightly more, perhaps slightly less for women and children, but a rough estimate).  The world population is roughly 7 billion, or 7x10^9 people.  There are 2.6417x10^11 gallons / km^3.  So...

(7x10^9 people)*(10 gal/person) / (2.6417x10^11 gal/ km^3) = 0.265 km^3

... or there are .265 cubic kilmometeres of water stored in all the people on earth.  By comparison, there are 1.35x10^9 km^3 of water on earth, of which only ~3.38x10^7 km^3 is freshwater, and only 1.05x10^7 km^3 of that is not locked up in glaciers. 

(0.265 km^3)/(1.05x10^7 km^3)*100% = 0.0000025%

So yeah, freshwater stored inside of our bodies makes up 0.0000025% of the accessable freshwater in the world.  :thumbsup:

The average human contains ~10 gallons of water in them (adult male slightly more, perhaps slightly less for women and children, but a rough estimate).  The world population is roughly 7 billion, or 7x10^9 people.  There are 2.6417x10^11 gallons / km^3.  So...

(7x10^9 people)*(10 gal/person) / (2.6417x10^11 gal/ km^3) = 0.265 km^3

... or there are .265 cubic kilmometeres of water stored in all the people on earth.  By comparison, there are 1.35x10^9 km^3 of water on earth, of which only ~3.38x10^7 km^3 is freshwater, and only 1.05x10^7 km^3 of that is not locked up in glaciers. 

(0.265 km^3)/(1.05x10^7 km^3)*100% = 0.0000025%

So yeah, freshwater stored inside of our bodies makes up 0.0000025% of the accessable freshwater in the world.  :thumbsup:

Awesome  :lol:  :clap:  :thumbsup:

Interesting. We would also need to account how much water we bottle or just have storing. And account for all animals on Earth. Plus, if we start leaving Earth to the Moon, Asteroids, and Mars...in the future we could possibly start losing our "x" amount of water slightly. 

Wilkes ranks near bottom for health

Wilkes County is still among North Carolina counties with the worst health statistics, according to an annual report produced by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine. The 2013 edition of “County Health Rankings and Roadmaps” listed Wilkes 75th among the state’s 100 counties in health outcomes and 73rd in health factors. 

For example, the 2013 report showed that there was one primary care physician to every 2,389 citizens in Wilkes County and one primary care physician to every 1,245 citizens in Watauga County. Watauga was ranked third in the state in both health outcomes and health factors in the 2013 report. There was one primary care physician to every 1,480 citizens statewide. The report said there was one mental health care provider per 23,096 citizens in Wilkes, compared to one provider per 3,186 citizens statewide. 

The report said 48 percent of Wilkes residents had at least some college education, compared to 62 percent statewide.

http://www.journalpatriot.com/news/article_1098be30-a395-11e2-8b60-0019bb30f31a.html

Interesting. We would also need to account how much water we bottle or just have storing. And account for all animals on Earth. Plus, if we start leaving Earth to the Moon, Asteroids, and Mars...in the future we could possibly start losing our "x" amount of water slightly.

People die and pee...not necessarily in that order...so nothing to worry about -- we're good.

Wilkes ranks near bottom for health

Wilkes County is still among North Carolina counties with the worst health statistics, according to an annual report produced by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine. The 2013 edition of “County Health Rankings and Roadmaps” listed Wilkes 75th among the state’s 100 counties in health outcomes and 73rd in health factors. 

For example, the 2013 report showed that there was one primary care physician to every 2,389 citizens in Wilkes County and one primary care physician to every 1,245 citizens in Watauga County. Watauga was ranked third in the state in both health outcomes and health factors in the 2013 report. There was one primary care physician to every 1,480 citizens statewide. The report said there was one mental health care provider per 23,096 citizens in Wilkes, compared to one provider per 3,186 citizens statewide. 

The report said 48 percent of Wilkes residents had at least some college education, compared to 62 percent statewide.

http://www.journalpatriot.com/news/article_1098be30-a395-11e2-8b60-0019bb30f31a.html

told you man...those hungry men and fruit cups with about as half the sugar as mountain dew can.

Guys turns out I will not be here much longer. One more bad image I post that does not belong to me and I will be gone for good. If When it happens I want you guys to have fun without me.

If you're posting images that don't belong to you, well that's just dumb.

Stupid is permanent. Ignorance can be corrected. Just remember that. Learn man.

It just won't be the same without a monthly thread being started a half month before the real month even gets here, the posts about all school districts wx delay schedules,5 useless threads started a week, 2500 posts per month, RIP Wilkes! ( or just follow the rules)

You could take his place right?

Quick question for those in NC who might know...

Can I teach a college class with a Bachelor's degree or do I need something higher and other requirements? I know Calculous probably knows but he is not online.

First of all, let's get the spelling down, and then we'll worry about teaching college-level classes.  ;)

Now, to answer your question:

If you want to teach college-transferrable-level courses (i.e., not developmental math, reading, or english) in the community college system in NC, you will need to first take one of two paths.  Either earn a master's degree (or higher) in the field of study OR earn a master's degree (or higher) in a related field together with 18 graduate hours in the field you want to teach.  The course you are interested in is CIS 110, I believe.  And, yes, you need a master's degree to teach that.  If you are satisfied teaching developmental courses (courses that start with a 0 number), then you simply need a bachelor's degree in a related field.

If you want to teach at a state university as a full-time faculty member in a tenure-track position, you will most certainly need to earn your doctorate degree in the field of study.  However, you can teach freshman/sophomore level courses at the state university as an adjunct or permanent lecturer with a master's degree in the field.

In my very biased opinion, teaching in the college atmosphere is a dream job.  The discipline problems of K-12 education are basically non-existent.  And, if they do arise, I can kick students out of class, and they don't get sent back to me by the principal.  (Not that I do that regularly...)  There's no pressure to pass students on who don't know the material just to meet arbitrary quotas.  The non-traditional students returning to school after years of work are very motivated to learn and retrain.  Being a part of their success is quite rewarding.  You can leave work when your classes are finished for the day, and you don't have to be at work until your classes start.  You get all kinds of days off for goofy holidays and observances, plus summers.  Of course, the level of pay doesn't compare to corporate America, so there is a trade-off, but I'm quite happy.

Archived